🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need to Refund a client
Page options
sh_jyoti
Community Member

Need to Refund a client

Hi,

A client wanted to take work outside Upwork. I refused and he threatened me with negative feedback.

I have cancelled the job but he is refusing to request refund so that when the funds are released, he can give me negative feedback.

Kindly help me issue the refund the money he put in escrow. 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Jyoti,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You can give a refund to the client without them requesting it. Just go to the contract, on the upper right corner of the page, you'll find this:

759e32fa_0-1674835341175.png

But just to give you information, even if the client cannot leave public feedback, they'll still have the option to leave private feedback which has a direct impact on your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Jyoti,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You can give a refund to the client without them requesting it. Just go to the contract, on the upper right corner of the page, you'll find this:

759e32fa_0-1674835341175.png

But just to give you information, even if the client cannot leave public feedback, they'll still have the option to leave private feedback which has a direct impact on your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie. JSS is secondary, the main thing was to protect myself from a worng client. Thanks for your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths