🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Need to Speak with Customer/Freelance Ser...
Page options
hyrulianprince
Community Member

Need to Speak with Customer/Freelance Service?

I'm new to Upwork and I just need to speak with someone from customer service or something.  I can't find the answer to my question anywhere and it's important for me to start doing some work here.

I've tried several times to find a way to contact the moderators, customer service, etc. somewhere on the site and can't find it.  I think that's a big issue, especially if a bot or the community can't answer your question.  : /

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Tristan P wrote:

I've tried several times to find a way to contact the moderators, customer service, etc. somewhere on the site and can't find it.  I think that's a big issue, especially if a bot or the community can't answer your question.  : /

Ask your question here. How do you know whether the community can not answer your question or at least point you in the right direction?

With hundreds of thousands of active freelancers, plus another 10 k trying to join every day, the vast majority (less than 1% by far) of whom will never even make any money for the platform, there can't be chat or whatever support for everyone (once you start getting jobs and earning money there are more support options available.)

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I can't find the answer to my question anywhere"

If you have a question, ask it here.

re: "...it's important for me to start doing some work here..."

That is not how this works.

I need to change my proposal terms from hourly to milestone. The BOT suggested that I find the prosposal, then choose Propose Different Terms. There is no Propose Different Terms tab. I clicked the Change Terms tab and could not Change Terms?

Where is the Propose Different Terms tab?

James F wrote:

I need to change my proposal terms from hourly to milestone. The BOT suggested that I find the prosposal, then choose Propose Different Terms. There is no Propose Different Terms tab. I clicked the Change Terms tab and could not Change Terms?

Where is the Propose Different Terms tab?

You can not change a proposal from hourly to milestone. You can propose different terms when you have an offer, but a proposal is not an offer. A proposal is just that, you applying for a contract. It is not an offer or a contract.

Is this in some way related to your other question? Where you are wondering how you get paid for work you have already submitted?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tristan, 

How can I help you today? Your question may also be answerable by the members of the Community, so feel free to reply with your question, making sure it meets the Community Guidelines

Let us know how we can help you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I've already looked for my answer, hence why I wasn't asking it here...  Petra previously asked the same question, so I didn't see a reason to ask again.  (Edit: I think it was Petra, it may have been someone else.  All I know was I saw her name a few times, haha.)

I'm transgender and I'm having an issue with my ID, due to it not having my preferred name changed on it.  I'm uncomfortable using my legal name here, and wondered if there was a way to have my display name be my preferred name still?  I just didn't want to have my payments held because it "doesn't match"...

Hi Tristan,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you. 
Due to the private details involved one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible. Our team will assist you further on your ticket and you can post there any additional questions you may have. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members