Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add job link in my proposal.

kochii02
Shible S Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
1 of 6

Hello,

I had completed some projects on elance, but I can't add the direct link of the jobs to show my clients when bidding.

How could I do this? I need to mention about seperate projects. I just got a pop up when I click on the projects.

Thanks.

Boondu.com
We are here to help.
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 6

You don't need to add links to tell a client about projects you've completed on Upwork. Just tell them what you want to tell them, and if they doubt anything you're telling them, then they can always peruse your work history and validate the information there. Maybe add a short line like "You can see further details, and additional projects I've worked on, in my Upwork profile which you can find here..." 

Just adding a link without an explanation, or specifically telling them what you want to tell them, is a bit lazy... like if you're on a first date and she says "So... tell me about yourself" and you hand her a copy of your resume and say "There you go love. It's pretty much all in there. I'll pop to the bar and give you ten minutes to go through it. In a bit!"

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
gd90
Community Guru
Gyan D Member Since: Sep 4, 2014
3 of 6

@Scott E wrote:

You don't need to add links to tell a client about projects you've completed on Upwork. Just tell them what you want to tell them, and if they doubt anything you're telling them, then they can always peruse your work history and validate the information there.

That may be feasible (and 'non-annoying') for the client if one has 10 jobs in their work history, not if one has 100+. The profile work history displays the latest 6 feedback entries, and each expansion, executed by clicking "View More", shows 5 more. So, if I wish to highlight a very similar job to a prospect and that job happens to be, say, the 40th most recent feedback, am I expected to tell them to scroll down to the Work History section in the profile and click 'View More' 7 times and then click on the title of the penultimate entry, to bring up the info capsule. That's ridiculous, especially when one is competing for time and attention with all the other viable candidates. On Elance, a direct link to the job showcases the job description, client feedback (and usually end price) in one go and can bolster claims made in the application with hardly any legwork required of the client.

kochii02
4 of 6

Yes. Same problem happens with the tests I given. How could I refer to a specific test? Is there any way?

Boondu.com
We are here to help.
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
5 of 6

You raise a very valid point!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
kochii02
6 of 6

I don't need the validity or anything else. I want to get a positive environment where I can work freely.

And truly, I am missing this here.

I think the entire look and functionality should be changed. There are lots of sectors to improve and there must be some minimum facilities for the workers like me.

I just want to get paid through my work. I don't need any business. I don't understand business. I know that I can work and I need money in retturns of my work.

I am realizing that I am not getting what I deserve. Please, improve the ways.

That's all.

Boondu.com
We are here to help.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS