🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need to charge for stock art
Page options
miss_cecilia
Community Member

Need to charge for stock art

Hello, I need to purchase stock art for a project. How do I bill and collect money for this expense so that I can go and purchase?

And since it's an expense it shouldn't have fees attached to it.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kbadeau
Community Member

If it's a lot of stock art I have them buy the credits and I download the images. For just a couple I usually just eat the cost.

You can have them pay as a bonus but I think that's the least desirable way to do it. They really should be the owner of the art.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kbadeau
Community Member

If it's a lot of stock art I have them buy the credits and I download the images. For just a couple I usually just eat the cost.

You can have them pay as a bonus but I think that's the least desirable way to do it. They really should be the owner of the art.

Thanks!

I hate to ask the client to buy because they're so busy... but I see how it makes sense that they "are the owners" and should purchase

Cecilia F wrote:

Thanks!

I hate to ask the client to buy because they're so busy... but I see how it makes sense that they "are the owners" and should purchase

It's pretty important to make sure stock images are licensed to your client. Most all stock images have usage agreements. If you buy and then give to the client, what they do with that imagery is out of your control. If you explain it to them that way, they should not have a problem with it. I would let them know the cost and then send a link to the site.

And any monies that pass through Upwork will have the fees attached. No getting around that.

Another great point.

Thank you Virginia

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members