🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need to consult
Page options
mnk_11
Community Member

Need to consult

Hello!

I need to consult. I was working on the Logo design project in June. My client told me to use your creativity. But, he didn't like the logo samples I sent. He told me to send more design samples. I almost sent him more than 15 samples. But he didn't like them and told me "Could we cancel our 'change the delivery' to something that you may have more fit?"

I said "Ok". (Because I didn't want to lose the project)

Then, he didn't give me a response.

It has been more than 2 months. I got an email from Upwork that due to inactivity, your contract will close within 2 weeks.

What should I do? I contacted my client but he's not responding.

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maryam,

If you have completed all of the tasks you will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article.

If you don't have any pending tasks you can also close the contract from your end at any time as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, thanks for your response but you don't understand what I'm trying to say. My client didn't give me response. He told me that I'll give you the new instructions about the project but it has been more than 2 months he didn't tell me anything.
In this situation, what should I do?

If the escrow account was funded, you submit your work using the "Submit" button, and the payment will be automatically released after 14 days. The client does not need to give you new instructions in order for you to be paid.

The contract was start for a Logo design. But the client didn't like the logo designs that I sent to him.

He wanted to change the scope of work. I agreed with that. He told me that he'll send me the new instructions. But, now it has been more than 2 months. I haven't got any response from him and the payment is in Escrow.

Do you think, the logo designs, I sent him, my client should pay me for that designs (which my client didn't like and asked for more designs)?

Maryam N wrote:
The contract was start for a Logo design. But the client didn't like the logo designs that I sent to him.

He wanted to change the scope of work. I agreed with that. He told me that he'll send me the new instructions. But, now it has been more than 2 months. I haven't got any response from him and the payment is in Escrow.

Do you think, the logo designs, I sent him, my client should pay me for that designs (which my client didn't like and asked for more designs)?

You've waited two months for the client to get back to you with revisions. That's long enough. So yes, I'd submit for payment.

Now Upwork closed the contract because of inactivity. I got an email that the client is asking refunds. The payment is not showing in Escrow. Can anyone please give me the best solution.

Hi Maryam,

Fixed-price contracts with money in escrow and no activity for 90 days will be considered “dormant" and will be closed automatically. Please see section 4 of the Fixed Price Escrow Instructions details on how dormant contract situations are resolved.

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Maryam N wrote:
Now Upwork closed the contract because of inactivity. I got an email that the client is asking refunds. The payment is not showing in Escrow. Can anyone please give me the best solution.

That's because you didn't take action in time.

You can dispute the return of the escrow funds as you did work, or you can agrree and write it off.  Neither is ideal. In fututre, don't let things drag out for 3 months.

mnk_11
Community Member

Than you so much, Petra. 

Hi Christine,

In this case as you explained below, you submit the work but client request the change in date and you see the option of resubmitting the work again. So every time you resubmit client would do the same. Since we are almost done and there are few points left we are working on to finish the job. I am just trying to make sure what should be done to secure the final payment if client is not letting you submit the final escrow because we are already over the date due to changes etc. So just incase client would close the project without clearing that funded escrow would I still have the option to resubmit the work to get that payment through in 14 days? 

Gul I wrote:

Hi Christine,

In this case as you explained below, you submit the work but client request the change in date and you see the option of resubmitting the work again. So every time you resubmit client would do the same. Since we are almost done and there are few points left we are working on to finish the job. I am just trying to make sure what should be done to secure the final payment if client is not letting you submit the final escrow because we are already over the date due to changes etc. So just incase client would close the project without clearing that funded escrow would I still have the option to resubmit the work to get that payment through in 14 days? 

You should first tell the client how much it will cost for more changes, and ask him to create a new milestone. If he refuses and doesn't release the funds, then the next step is to dispute.  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

andreheimann
Community Member

Hi Andre,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members