cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to take action on a contract

Ace Contributor
Shams A Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
1 of 15

I have been working on a fairly big contract for a while and the client said that he wasn't in a rush. So, I was delivering the work a bit slowly. And today I received this mail from upwork. The job is half way done. I would like to know if no action is taken in the next 14 days will I get no money for my work?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 15

Shams: 76 days is a LONG time to be working on a single fixed-price milestone.

Upwork's action here is understandable.

To answer your question, yes... if you don't take any action in 14 days then the $300 in escrow will go back to the client.

Ace Contributor
3 of 15

Yes, I understand that. The milestone was for writing 50 articles. So, I don't think 76 days were way too much. I would like to know the solution.

Ace Contributor
4 of 15

Can you please tell me what would be the most appropriate action to take?

*I can finish the work within the next 14 days.

*the client isn't very responsive.

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
5 of 15

Shams A wrote:

Can you please tell me what would be the most appropriate action to take?

*I can finish the work within the next 14 days.

*the client isn't very responsive.

We have told you - submit for partial payment and it will be released to you within 14 days if the client doesn't respond.  Is it the 200 dollar job? How many articles have you written? Submit for an amount that corresponds to the number of articles submitted (it's 5 dollars an article, right?)

Community Guru
6 of 15

Have you submitted any work for payment, even partial payment? It sounds like the money has been in escrow with no activity and that's why Upwork is messaging you.

If you haven't already, submit for some amount (agreed b/t you and the client) from the funded escrow money. 

Ace Contributor
7 of 15

No, the job is still under the work in progress tab. The problem is, the client is not very responsive. The last conversation we had was 2 months ago. He didn't seem to have any problem with my work. So, I want to finish the job and then ask for payment.

Community Guru
8 of 15

Shams A wrote:

No, the job is still under the work in progress tab. The problem is, the client is not very responsive. The last conversation we had was 2 months ago. He didn't seem to have any problem with my work. So, I want to finish the job and then ask for payment.

You need to submit for payment, partial payment is fine. You should not be working without any payment for this long. 

Ace Contributor
9 of 15

Thank you for your suggestion. Should I continue my work after submitting the request for partial payment?

Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
10 of 15

Shams A wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion. But what if the client doesn't accept the payment request. Upwork will close the contract within the next 14 days.

You requesting payment is TAKING action, it should restart the upwork clock.

If the client rejects it, then you can stop working for him/her, but for now, just submit for some amount of money. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS