Did you mean: 

Need your opinion on client's unethical, unjust and deceiving treatment

e_ovy
Enaiyat Ghani O Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
11 of 15

Petra R wrote:

Enaiyat Ghani O wrote:

I could not opt-out of that when I came to know her real motivation

Yes you could have done and yes you should have done. You deliberately, willingly and knowingly participated in something you know is very wrong. 

Enaiyat Ghani O wrote:

....because of the Upwork's brutal system of lowering freelancers' JSS.

Petra R wrote:

Enaiyat Ghani O wrote:

I could not opt-out of that when I came to know her real motivation

Yes you could have done and yes you should have done. You deliberately, willingly and knowingly participated in something you know is very wrong. 

Enaiyat Ghani O wrote:

....because of the Upwork's brutal system of lowering freelancers' JSS.

Upwork do not lower your JSS for ending a contract... That's a cheap cop-out. What lowers your JSS is bad feedback, and you got that anyway. So that backfired in a spectacular fashion, didn't it?

Even if I canceled it with zero income from that contract???

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Enaiyat Ghani O wrote:

Even if I canceled it with zero income from that contract??

Yes.

0-paid contracts have no effect unless they come with bad private feedback. So you could have walked away from this without the bad feedback on your profile and the nosedive of your JSS next time it is updated had you done the right thing as soon as you noticed what you were involved with.

e_ovy
13 of 15

You see that the client can still make a bad private feedback for it, which makes the JSS down. I was worried about that. Anyways, I got my lesson, and it was my mistakes as well. But, I would suggest, next time, please be reasonable while blatantly blaming anybody at first hand. 

I have all the evidences regarding that contract that would prove my points, do you have any legal means to accuse me like that?

Your comments are defamatory and it might also backfire. 

"Yes you could have done and yes you should have done. You deliberately, willingly and knowingly participated in something you know is very wrong. "

"Upwork do not lower your JSS for ending a contract... That's a cheap cop-out. What lowers your JSS is bad feedback, and you got that anyway. So that backfired in a spectacular fashion, didn't it?"

- It does when a client gives a bad private feedback.

Please refrain yourself from making any comments if your sole purpose is to insult somebody. Your comments are very harsh, you are rude. Please check others' feedback in this thread how they are commenting.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
14 of 15

You would not have gotten in this mess had you read the ToS. A client willing to commit fraud with her master's thesis (they have to confirm that the work is entirely their own and where it is not, have to reference sources. Are you quoted as the writer?) is not likely to provide a pleasant working experience. 

You know that this kind of work is crossing the line. I can't think of a good excuse why you didn't. Complaining that the client is unethical when the whole job is unethical is pure irony.

You complain extensively that she does not know even basic terms. Did it occur to you that she might never have done her homework herself?

e_ovy
15 of 15

Thanks Martina for your feedback. I did not complain only for client's unethical aptitude, I did acknowledge that it was also my mistakes. As a new freelancer, I am willing to accept my mistakes and learn from there. Your suggestion would help me in the future.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS