🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Negative Feedback on proposal
Page options
noor-ul-anam
Community Member

Negative Feedback on proposal

What happens if a client rejects my proposal with a “wasting time” message after interviewing because I didn't want to work on the rates he offered and politely stated the problem.

The job post was obviously not clear. It had a fixed price of $30 and nothing else. Most clients offer those rates for long-form articles and I obviously took it as a price per article.

I don’t have any issues with the client but he rejected my proposal with negative feedback. I want to know if that negative feedback will affect my profile. And if so, what should I do about it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Renante V wrote:

It has no effect whatsoever.

...and you have dodged a bully. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
rverang
Community Member

Renante V wrote:

...and you have dodged a bully. Smiley Wink

Absolutely! Thank you for the reassurance. 🙂

Thanks!

I sometimes reject invitations as "spam", when they are not appropriate for my profile or too many people have been invited.

That is perfect because nowadays writers (specially) are getting a lot of invitation from new clients to apply on jobs. They just take interviews and don't hire. I mean, talk about wasting time and resources. 

vstuart
Community Member

I've had a few potential clients reject my proposal as spam (when they invited me, ha, that one always does make me chuckle!) and then another one rejected my proposal (again, after a direct invite) as having "no experience" (I only had over 7K hours experience in the same with page after page of 5 star feedback, but according to the client, I had none...). That one stung a little and it shouldn't have, it was a ridiculous reply, so I understand where you're coming from and your concerns, Noor, because I felt it too.

Normally they don't even say anything upon rejection (which is nice, they really don't need to) and I normally don't even notice at all, but if they do add a reason, yes, it can be a bit jarring.  Think of it this way though...they just clicked a button, could have been a lazy button, I don't know. And if it wasn't just a button and they added a message like that, then yes, as Douglas said, you dodged a bully, so good for you, it's a plus!  

Take it with a grain of salt and don't give it another thought. You did the right thing to stick to your guns and his or her rejection reason/response means nil. 

And no, it has no effect on you. 

Thanks for the kind words Valerie! It was my first time with someone like this. Just glad it ended sooner!

Interesting! I didn't know the client could choose a reason for declining a proposal. I thought I had read the title of the post incorrectly. I've never seen this before and I probably would have been taken aback by it a little bit as well. Well thanks for sharing any way, hope you have better luck on your next one!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths