Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Pending Amount!

smshahriar
Ace Contributor
S M Shahriar K Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
1 of 4

Here is the screenshot from my Reports page.

Pending Amount Issue

Well, I'm not concerned about my payment. I know this negative pending won't affect my available amount. Also I know this pending is coming from one of my clients who has an unverified payment method. But it's a little bit confusing for freelancers or funny to see that Upwork is so ready to take her fees even if there is no real money from the related project.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 4

Do you have the $10 connects plan?

I do not believe it is due to a contract that has not paid out yet, as they only deduct their fee once the contract is paid.

smshahriar
Ace Contributor
S M Shahriar K Member Since: Mar 30, 2015
3 of 4

No I don't have the $10 plan.

You don't have to believe but I can assure you it's due to a contract. I know very well what's going on into my account. Anyway technically Upwork didn't deduct their fee since there was no real money for the contract. I just posted it because it's a little bit funny and confusing.

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
4 of 4

That happens to me sometimes. I have a long-term client, and I work on an hourly basis with him. So, I do my weekly work, when all money move from Pending to Available, sometimes I see this negative pending amount, and it's always the fee (plus deducted VAT, in my case) from that particular contract. I don't know why it's happening. Some kind of delay in the system... ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS