🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Negative Value on Pending Funds
Page options
arrogance01
Community Member

Negative Value on Pending Funds

Hi Everyone,

This is the 1st time I've seen this on my earnings. Not sure if this is due to the recent update on payment for top rated freelancers. I was hoping someone could shed a light on it?

Please see below link. I believe this is the upwork fee, but the actual amount I'm about to receive can no longer be seen.

http://prntscr.com/scwndn

http://prntscr.com/scwozi

Thanks and Best Regards,

Kevin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arrogance01
Community Member

New Update:

Check the transactions. They added the upwork fee back to your earnings.

Now it appears they did not charge us anything (hence the negative value on pending funds). So we owe them the fee that was supposed to be deducted from the current pay week. I guess that's a great help! I assume they will charge it back once everything is back to normal.

Kudos Upwork! This is a big big help for us!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
vincecudas
Community Member

So, I received mine now, but it's the full amount. The fee is on hold, some sort of that. Can someone advise, please? Thank you.

2020-05-08-009.png

I'm wondering the same thing!

bickie
Community Member

Hi Irina, you're getting that too? Try to see if the amount in red corresponds to the Upwork fee for that project. (I computed mine, and it did.) 20% for the first $500 of course, and 10% for earnings above that but below $10K.

It does correspond, and i think its that, but there are no available funds as of yet.

I just got it too, thanks.

d3miancom
Community Member

I´m having the same problem and I´m very concern about it.

Hi Damian!

I just received an email just now stating I have just been paid. Refresh your funds page and it should reflect on the available funds. What bothers me is I received less than what it should be. It appears they took off 10% of my earnings instead of just 5%.

arrogance01
Community Member

New Update:

Check the transactions. They added the upwork fee back to your earnings.

Now it appears they did not charge us anything (hence the negative value on pending funds). So we owe them the fee that was supposed to be deducted from the current pay week. I guess that's a great help! I assume they will charge it back once everything is back to normal.

Kudos Upwork! This is a big big help for us!

I don't think I like that. I'd rather them just take it now instead of me having to owe a chunk at some point. I hope they give the option to deduct it before taking your money early.

njrusso
Community Member

I think this is pretty cool, but I'm wondering why the full amount is available and now my service charges are pending. Why didn't they subtract the fees like usual? So now I'll have to remember to pay them or will they still be automatically taken?

rubsledz
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

Today I was checking my reports, and I noticed my Pending tab was on red and in parenthesis. Something like this: ($22.00)

This is the first time something like this happens. Does someone knows why is this happening?

Thank you!

Hi Ruben, please check the reply marked as a solution. This has been resolved.

julianne37
Community Member

Hello, I am also having the same problem but I dont remember giving refunds to my clients. Can anyone help me out with this.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused everyone. Please know that the team is aware of the issue and we are investigating it further. Once our team has more information, we'll make sure to update this thread. 

In the meantime, I will share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that we can investigate this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Oh, that is messy. I see that I can access the total earned on my hourly contract today, but Upwork's commission won't be deducted until May 13. 
(My May 6 payment did not have this issue nor do my fixed price payments.)

Check your Transaction history to see upcoming deductions, folks. 

arrogance01
Community Member

Hi Tonya,

The new policy only applies for hourly contracts, not for fixed ones. They released an announcement few days ago and it appears today is the actual implementation.

vazdanel
Community Member

Hi Support,

Same problem on my pending transaction, I have a negative amount. 

Just to let you know...

Tonya P wrote:

Oh, that is messy. I see that I can access the total earned on my hourly contract today, but Upwork's commission won't be deducted until May 13. 
(My May 6 payment did not have this issue nor do my fixed price payments.)

Check your Transaction history to see upcoming deductions, folks. 

It's to do with the new fast payment on hourly contracts for TRs. What's the technical term for breaking something that was working perfectly fine before you tried to improve it? Robot Embarassed

ankitaimi
Community Member

Please fix the issue. The money is showing up in pending.

Hi Ankita,

Thanks for the message. I just checked your account and see your funds are no longer pending and are displayed under the "Available" tab. Let us know if you need further assistance and apologies for the confusion the issues that our team already resolved created.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I am coming back here to let everyone know that the team has identified this as a bug, and we are working on resolving the issue on our end. 

For those who will be posting on this thread that they are experiencing this issue, I will send your account information to the Customer Support Team so that we can track this issue better. 

Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize for the issue this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thanks for your quick response to this. 

I also have this issue, if you'd like to send my account info for tracking purposes.

Thanks,

Jennifer

sqldoug
Community Member

Hi Avery! I also have the issue of a negative Pending amount after my earnings were transferred today. Happy to provide more information if you need it!

Yes, same issue here.  Showing negative balance in "Earnings available".

Hi Eugene, 

Thanks for the message. Please refer to the update I posted here and note that the negative balance will be removed from your "Available" tab once your next payment becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience the issue has caused you, I can confirm it was resolved. Let us know if you have any questions.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Dear Avery,

Previously, the negative number was 45, which was red, and now it is 0 and gray. And I did not receive any money. Can you control my account? can you help me? Will this amount be credited back to my account?

Hi Fatemeh,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you still haven't received the funds. However, I took a closer look at the transaction you're referring to and It seems that the bonus payment has been canceled. You may want to get in contact and clarify this with the client for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Dear Arjey,

Thank you for your follow-up.

Best wishes. 

johnlerit28
Community Member

Hello. 

Just a question about the service fee, why is it still in pending? 

Thanks!

susanmccall
Community Member

This is great, thank you!

I'm currently seeing my Available balance. However, the available balance that shows ready to be paid is pre-Upwork Service fee.  The Pending tab is showing the upwork fee of that total balance in Available. So my questions are:

When should I expect to see the pending Service Fee taken out?

Where will it be deducted from, especially if I were to 'Get paid now' on the total balance in my Available tab?

I have already transferred a portion, but plan to play it safe and leave enough in Available to cover the Service Fee (certainly don't want to overdraw). I felt a bit uneasy when I opened my Reports and saw that big, red, fee amount in Pending and the total-total sitting in Available.  So I'd really like to know how this is going to work.

Thanks!!

stalinko
Community Member

Now I'm seeing this:

Screenshot_178.png

What should I do with that? I was able to transfer all available funds including this pending amount.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan, Douglas, Ilya, and Jennifer, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with this issue. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ailcua
Community Member

Hi,

Will the amount in red (Upwork fee) under pending be deducted on the next billing cycle? Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aileen, 

This is actually a bug and the team is working to resolve this issue. I will share your account with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
onavan
Community Member

UPD. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Negative-Value-on-Pending-Funds/td-p/742609
Hello Avery, could you please specify, I can withdraw all the money now, but Upwork fee is still in pending. Does it mean that on Wednesday I will have a negative balance?

pending.jpg

shamontiel
Community Member

OK, good to know I'm not alone on this. 

I received a bulk payment for several contracts, but it didn't remove the 10% and 20% fees that are usually subtracted from my deposits. Those look like they'll be in the negative come May 13, 2020. So does that mean my debit card/checking account will be charged for the difference. Or, will the fees that weren't deducted just be subtracted from my earnings on May 3-8, 2020? If the negative amount is subtracted from this week's earnings, that's fine. But then I'm wondering will this be an ongoing issue come next Thursday where THAT 10% or 20% will drag on to May 20, 2020.

Issue resolved here, the fee is deducted and I see no more red.

Good Work!

Mohammed G wrote:

Issue resolved here, the fee is deducted and I see no more red.

Good Work!

haha now it moved into "Available" column. Since I've deducted all money already )) it should add up automatically when my current "in progress" funds get into "available". Hopefully there won't be issues passing currency control when money arrive into my bank.

system-admin
Community Member

My Agency is Top Rated but the payment from last week is still pending and the date is Wednesday.

Also, will this initiative continue for the next weeks as well?

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members