🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Negative Value on Pending Funds
Page options
arrogance01
Community Member

Negative Value on Pending Funds

Hi Everyone,

This is the 1st time I've seen this on my earnings. Not sure if this is due to the recent update on payment for top rated freelancers. I was hoping someone could shed a light on it?

Please see below link. I believe this is the upwork fee, but the actual amount I'm about to receive can no longer be seen.

http://prntscr.com/scwndn

http://prntscr.com/scwozi

Thanks and Best Regards,

Kevin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arrogance01
Community Member

New Update:

Check the transactions. They added the upwork fee back to your earnings.

Now it appears they did not charge us anything (hence the negative value on pending funds). So we owe them the fee that was supposed to be deducted from the current pay week. I guess that's a great help! I assume they will charge it back once everything is back to normal.

Kudos Upwork! This is a big big help for us!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I wanted to follow up and provide more details about the negative balance Top Rated freelancers and agencies were seeing under "Pending" and which some of you are now seeing under "Available", related to funds earned on hourly contracts which became available earlier in line with our faster payouts program.

We experienced an issue that didn't affect the withdrawal itself, which you'll receive as expected, but resulted in the fees not being charged for these payments in line with the new, faster schedule. Please note that the issue was fixed and users who are yet to withdraw these funds can do so.

For the users who already withdrew these funds, please note that the fees for the withdrawn payments will be assessed when your next payment becomes available. Until then, a negative balance corresponding to the fees for these payments will be displayed under "Available" balance, which won't affect your account, earnings or payments.

For the users who withdrew these funds but would like to initiate another withdrawal, feel free to do so.

We'll follow up with all affected users directly with an update and offer more information soon. We apologize for the confusion and frustration the issue has caused you. To reiterate, the issue has been resolved and we'd like to thank you for the feedback and reports you shared with us in the Community.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hey Peeps!

I withdrew my available funds yesterday (yah!), but when I checked my reports this morning, I found that I have a negative balance of $18.00. Not exactly the end of the world, lol, but in my year here on Upwork, I've never had that happen. 

I can't seem to find any notifications that would explain. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, everyone!

~Chef Perry 

Thank you for fixing without me even having to check upwork! that was swift and I appreciate getting payments sooner as well as you fixing the service fee right away and letting me know by email. I didn't even notice it until I got it. Smiley Very Happy

akashmittal68
Community Member

HI, 

My upwork account balance is showing a negative amount can you please let me know why this is ?

golumolug
Community Member

Hi,

That's good initiative to provide funds 5 days early. But you have to cut your fee same time when the amonut is available. I get payment 5 days early last week and I don't check i need to keep some amount there as upwork fee. And I withdraw all amount that is available that time but after that I notice there is some balance I need to pay to upwork and it shows as pending from my side to you.

So its best you can shows available funds that we get after cutting upwork fee.

I will pay the pending funds to upwork when I get the coming week payment.

Thanks.

Hi Miss,

I moved your post to this thread so you can check the information about the problem we experienced on Friday. Please note that your future withdrawals will be processed as usual, with the fees applied as expected. We apologize for the frustration the issue has caused you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths