🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Negative review by arrogant Client
Page options
b5ace602
Community Member

Negative review by arrogant Client

I was invited by a client for a quick job of 20 min. He asked me to remove some stuff from the image by editing it in photoshop. I completed the job and then he offered me the job. When I completed the job, he changed the requirements and asked me to do it as well. Still, I didn't mind, I did the job completely and submitted it on time. I completed the job successfully but the client was very arrogant and left a very bad review which affected my career so much on Upwork. I've done many jobs and the clients were always satisfied with the service and I always got very good feedback from the clients. Somehow according to the upwork guidelines, I cannot remove the feedback. It's getting very difficult for me to find jobs on Upwork right now. I don't know what to do next. It just made me believe that this platform is just for buyers and not for freelancers who work so hard. 

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hardik S wrote:

I was invited by a client for a quick job of 20 min. He asked me to remove some stuff from the image by editing it in photoshop. I completed the job and then he offered me the job. When I completed the job, he changed the requirements and asked me to do it as well. Still, I didn't mind, I did the job completely and submitted it on time. I completed the job successfully but the client was very arrogant and left a very bad review which affected my career so much on Upwork. I've done many jobs and the clients were always satisfied with the service and I always got very good feedback from the clients. Somehow according to the upwork guidelines, I cannot remove the feedback. It's getting very difficult for me to find jobs on Upwork right now. I don't know what to do next. It just made me believe that this platform is just for buyers and not for freelancers who work so hard. 

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You need to be top rated to remove it. For now you can only refund the amount to make it disappear. 

Well, The contact is ended. is there anyway I can refund the client so that I can remove the feedback??
petra_r
Community Member

Hardik S wrote:

It's getting very difficult for me to find jobs on Upwork right now.

It's only been a day, so there is no way of knowing whether it has any effect on being hired.

Hardik S wrote:

Somehow according to the upwork guidelines, I cannot remove the feedback.

You can. Refund the $10, and a few days later the feedback will be gone.

b5ace602
Community Member

Thank you for helping...

I ended the contract when the job was done. Is there anyway I can refund the client??

Keep in mind, Hardik, that "removing" a client's feedback by giving them a refund only means removing their "public" textual feedback (which we have been told is not a major element in calculating your JSS).

Without being Top Rated, you cannot also remove a client's very important (for your JSS) private feedback from the calculations of your JSS.

Does this make it worthwhile for you to return all of the money you earned?

Only you can decide that.

petra_r
Community Member

Hardik S wrote:
Thank you for helping...
I ended the contract when the job was done. Is there anyway I can refund the client??

Yes. Go to the closed contract

Click on the 3 dots on the right

Choose "Give refund" from the drop-down menu

refund.png

Will L wrote:

Does this make it worthwhile for you to return all of the money you earned?

It's all of $10....

Yes, Petra, it's all of $10.

And it's up to the original poster, not you, to decide. No matter the amount.

Will L wrote:

And it's up to the original poster, not you, to decide.

Of course it is. I didn't decide. He asked if he can still refund even though the contract is closed. Not once, but twice. He didn't ask whether he should or not. I didn't suggest whether he should or not.

I answered his question.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members