🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Negotiation on connects price?
Page options
ajaysadyal
Community Member

Negotiation on connects price?

I need to buy 120 connects. I have noticed that each connect will cost $0.15. Can anybody confirm if this is negotiable?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Ajay K wrote:

I need to buy 120 connects. I have noticed that each connect will cost $0.15. Can anybody confirm if this is negotiable?

I feel comfortable confirming that it is not negotiable.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
florydev
Community Member

Ajay K wrote:

I feel comfortable confirming that it is not negotiable.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Noureldin Y wrote:

actually its not 0.15$ per connect That is only what you see, but the reality is its way cheaper. Because the moderator confirmed today when a job is closed you will get back your spent connects on it [as long as you're not the chosen one]. So, You'll end up having more than half of the proposals you sent for free if we count in total, I assume we can consider it as 5 cent per unrefundable proposals and those are for the jobs you got accepted in.

Noureldin, this is completely wrong. I don't know what you read or heard that you think indicated connects are returned for closed jobs, but you misunderstood it. Connects are only returned under two conditions: the client cancels the job without hiring anyone, or UW closes the job because of a ToS violation. Otherwise, connects are not returned.

Someone will, no doubt, chastise me for being mean to you but I'm going to say this anyway: You need to back off giving advice to other FLs until you get some real experience on this platform and have a chance of knowing what you are talking about. Your enthusiasm to participate in the forum is clear, but you are new here and you obviously don't know your way around yet, so you need to listen more and speak less. I'm sure you would feel terrible if some FL who knows even less than you, took your bad advice and wound up losing money or a project or a client because of it. 

Thanks for the reply Phyllis G!

datasciencewonk
Community Member

We need to adjust this info to what the Mod actually wrote:

We will return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

ETA: Phyllis and I posted simultaneously LOL. 

ajaysadyal
Community Member

Hi there,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Does moderator inform you when the freelancers will be getting back the connects (not converted one)? After a week, 15 days, 1 month?

Thanks in advance!

Ajay K wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for your valuable reply. Does moderator inform you when the freelancers will be getting back the connects (not converted one)? After a week, 15 days, 1 month?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think they notify you if connects are refunded, they just show up on your account. I don't know how long it takes. Bear in mind that it is pretty rare. Most clients who don't hire, don't bother to close their jobs.

Phyllis G wrote:

I don't think they notify you if connects are refunded, they just show up on your account. I don't know how long it takes. Bear in mind that it is pretty rare. Most clients who don't hire, don't bother to close their jobs.

Not only that, I believe Upwork proactively closes jobs that are one month old with no hires, AND, since Upwork isn't closing it because it violates ToS, connects will not be refunded.

Hello Ajay, Kindly log into your Upwork Account and head straight to the settings by clicking your profile name on the Home Page.Then you will see the "Membership/connects" Option after you get to the new page. Select this option and you will have the convinience and availability to buy connects of your liking or budget !

Happy Connects buying!!!!!

You Welcome Mate!

lysis10
Community Member

Sam N D wrote:

Hello Ajay, Kindly log into your Upwork Account and head straight to the settings by clicking your profile name on the Home Page.Then you will see the "Membership/connects" Option after you get to the new page. Select this option and you will have the convinience and availability to buy connects of your liking or budget !

You Welcome Mate!

Why do multiple clients call you "Dorca" and "she" in your feedback?

Jennifer M wrote:

Sam N D wrote:

You Welcome Mate!

Why do multiple clients call you "Dorca" and "she" in your feedback?

Good catch 🙂 

irkomal
Community Member

No, its cant , you have to pay full price.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths