Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Interruption

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 8

I was watching World's End and Schitt's Creek on Netflix yesterday and I wasn't working but I have my Upwork tracker pinned to my taskbar and it was not closed out. I kept seeing a pop up on my screen during my shows and I signed out thinking what a ditz I am for not signing out. Well it happened again. I closed the tracker, and the next time it happened I unpinned it from my taskbar...until finally I had to uninstall it so that I could watch my shows in peace. It was like having the boss call you every 20 minutes to let you know he's thinkin' boutcha. 

I've re-installed it again because I have to work today but will this be a regular occurance? Has anyone else had an issue with their tracker stalking them off-hours? Will I have to keep uninstalling then re-installing it every single darn day??? Stay tuned .......

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

I will crush this tracker device if it interupts my Netflix enjoyment. I'll dump a terabyte of images on them. HERE IS MY DESKTOP ENJOY.

Do not mess with mah Netflix. Netflix is srs bzness

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
3 of 8

I was going to crush my laptop and that wasn't right of me to blame the poor thing for a malfunctioning tracker. I had to contain myself. Uninstalling it was the closest I came to crushing it. 

But yes, Netflix IS serious business, without it I never would have seen Walking Dead  or Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Schitt's Creek... huh. I'm typing all this and I'm noticing that I'm not even done typing all the shows I've watched for under 8 bucks a month totally bypassing cable. YAY ME! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 8

Orange is the New Black -- Love it!

Had a hard time getting into House of Cards but it got me on Season 2.

I'm watching Reign while I work.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 8

@Jennifer M wrote:

I'm watching Reign while I work.

Jennifer, if you're engaged in some Upwork, I presume it's fixed price and not hourly? Or are you like dolphins and geese, who are able to sleep with one eye and stay awake with the other?

6 of 8

2 monitors. Soon to be 3. I don't know how people function without dual monitors at least.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 8

You evaded my question about hourly vs fixed price, but as long as you're not a GMO with dolphin or geese genes, knock yourself out with your monitors. But if you are, I think Upwork should create a non-GMO filter for freelancer searches.

This is a bit OT, but in Android's Dream by John Scalzi, a young woman with sheep gene's saves the earth. Cat Very Happy

8 of 8

John, I don't really work. I just hook my genes into a computer and sit here. I am borg.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS