🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Never met or talked to the person who will le...
Page options
thompson_karen
Community Member

Never met or talked to the person who will leave me a review?

I've been working on a contract longer than 2 months.  The person I report to just said that all reviews will come from the Company contact - whom I've never talked to nor met.   Furthermore, there are metrics just now instituted - but I don't feel I have transparency to the Company - to ensure success, nor is my suggestion for success being followed. My boss who is a super nice fractional Upwork contractor, in daily contact with the Company - says they're not necessary.  Not sure what to do, as Upwork has been a difficult platform with regards to real sales jobs, as opposed to entry level sales - which hurt my JSS greatly trying to work through its platform

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No.  I worked hard for them, and expect that I will get good feedback.

You missed the context/point of what I had asked on the forum which Joanna already answered clearly and succinctly for me.

Please do close out this thread.  I have my answer.  Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JoanneP

Hi Karen,

I understand your concern about getting reviews from company members who are not in direct contact with you throughout the project. You may reach out to your project manager about this to politely request if they can also share their experience working with you to the company member who is going to submit feedback for your contract. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for that.  The contract did end on Friday and I did request  that it be ended on Upwork and that I be reviewed - even though I have never met the CEO, nor the Admin of the Upwork account. And I had been dealing  with their fractional sales manager exclusively on Upwork - who is still employed by them.  I did ask that he please reach out to the CEO and/and his admin - who is the account holder on Upwork - to end the contract and please review me.  He said that he wrote up a review of me for the CEO - and "hopes"  that the CEO or admin - (both of whom I have never met or talked to),  will post it soon.  Neither he, nor the person from that Company who the Upwork account is under, have ended the contract as of today on Upwork nor reviewed me.   I am dismayed by having worked as hard as I could for 3 months, and not paying attention to this Upwork housekeeping item - which I cannot afford yet another "hit" on my awful job score. Suggestions? 

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I am afraid that we don't control over whether the client that you worked with leaves a feedback or not. I had a quick look at your profile and your feedback in all your other contracts looks great. I'd encourage you to continue to do to great on your present and future contracts so that your Job Success Score increases. Feel free to have a look at this help article to learn more about the JSS and how it changes.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you for taking the time to reply Luiggi. How do I close out this string?  I don't need any more input and have enough information now.  

Karen T wrote:

Thanks for that.  The contract did end on Friday and I did request  that it be ended on Upwork and that I be reviewed - even though I have never met the CEO, nor the Admin of the Upwork account. And I had been dealing  with their fractional sales manager exclusively on Upwork - who is still employed by them.  I did ask that he please reach out to the CEO and/and his admin - who is the account holder on Upwork - to end the contract and please review me.  He said that he wrote up a review of me for the CEO - and "hopes"  that the CEO or admin - (both of whom I have never met or talked to),  will post it soon.  Neither he, nor the person from that Company who the Upwork account is under, have ended the contract as of today on Upwork nor reviewed me.   I am dismayed by having worked as hard as I could for 3 months, and not paying attention to this Upwork housekeeping item - which I cannot afford yet another "hit" on my awful job score. Suggestions? 

Well, it's Sunday and you asked on Friday. Do you suppose the CEO and admin have nothing to do over the weekend other than hop to the demands of a freelancer? They hired you to get a job done, not work for you. You have no idea what, if any, impact the contract will have on your JSS. 
Enjoy the money you've earned and let the people you earned it from enjoy their weekend. 

HI there, 

Tonya - point taken.  However the way you couched your answer - "hop to the demands of the freelancer" is not balanced, out of context to what I originally asked, and belies the point I was making.

Either way - as I mentioned the salient point was I had never met any Company members.  I feel confident that the man they hired on Upwork, my only contact who worked  as my fractional sales manager - and who is the only one I interfaced with, will instruct the client to post the review he wrote up for them.
And instruct the client to close out the job which ended Friday.

I take issue with how you phrased your answer, and suggest that this is a supply and demand marketplace - where everyone is equally as important - the freelancers who make Upwork money, and the employers who employ them.  

Appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion here.  Thanks for your input.  Please do close out this thread as I don't know how to?  Appreciate it Tonya! 

Karen T wrote:

No feedback is better than bad feedback, so leave them alone and find other jobs. 

No.  I worked hard for them, and expect that I will get good feedback.

You missed the context/point of what I had asked on the forum which Joanna already answered clearly and succinctly for me.

Please do close out this thread.  I have my answer.  Thanks so much!

Thanks for the direction which I followed.  The only relevant answer to my question here.  Appreciate it.

Hi Joanne,  How do I close out this string?  Thank you for your rounded, clear and relevant answer.  Karen

Joanna - how do I close out this string?  It's a done deal - over and done with and I don't wish to get any more input, as yours was sufficient.  Thanks for closing it out.  Karen

Karen T wrote:

Joanna - how do I close out this string?  It's a done deal - over and done with and I don't wish to get any more input, as yours was sufficient.  Thanks for closing it out.  Karen

This is an open forum, so you can't control the answers.

I'm likely to be in the same position with a job I'm currently working on. It's for a big multinational company, the name on their Upwork account is someone I've had no contact with, and I can see that they've never given any feedback on other jobs. (I was only their second hire, so this wasn't apparent when I applied for the job. But it's been a good job so I'm still glad I applied.) Also, as in Karen's case, my main contact on the job is another Upwork freelancer!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members