🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Instant Pay not directly in my account
Page options
Community Member

Never received instant payment

Hi,

I initiated an instant payment last night at 8pm. It usually goes through right away but I have not received the payment still. And it's the next day. Don't know what to do at this point.
15 REPLIES 15
AndreaG

Hi Joe,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
classysnobbb
Community Member

I'm having this same issue. I've reached out to Upwork several times and all they can tell me is that the payments team is working on the matter. No real update or time when they can reverse the transfer. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Is anyone else having issues with Instant Pay? 

I tried withdrawing funds from my account over 16 hours ago using Instant Pay. Transaction never processed and I reached out to Upwork. They claim their payments team is working on the issue and that there've been other reports of this. 

It's really frustrating and there seems to be nothing on the site and no updates at all about this matter. 

One post is enough. No need to spam!

There IS a need for Upwork to fix their issue with Instant Pay withdrawals not going through!

I have used instant pay multiple times with zero issues. Then yesterday I instant transfer to my debit card (one I've used before not a new one), get the email saying it was successful, and never received my money.

It has been almost 24 hours so I called the bank and they say they have no holds on anything that there has been no attempt by Upwork to send the funds.

Other community threads say it should be in my account already. I mean, I paid the fee for instant transfer, so it seems odd that I would have to wait multiple days.

The customer service bot says they won't track it for 8 days. That is an awful long time to wait for an "instant transfer."

Any community mods have advice?
erin_b
Community Member

wow, shut up. You don't have a right to try and shut down hard working people who are being ripped off by not getting their money. Mind your own business, troll

I know this is an old thread, but I agree with you, Gabrielle, and I'm sorry Petra and Upwork don't seem to care. I'm going through the same thing now. I've been very ill, finally got well enough to do some work, pay out the butt for the credits to get new jobs on a system filled with spam jobs, got a job, did the work, had to wait the rediculous times Upwork makes you wait, had to have the 'instant payment' fee taken out, and here I sit trying to go buy things I need to live while no funds are going through; while Upwork makes money off my money.

Hello,
I have used instant pay before but my amount was a little bigger. I clicked Get Paid Now because it has worked the same as Get Paid Instantly. I was wondering why the money isn’t in my account when I pressed Get Paid Now? If someone from support could help that would be great.

Hi Javiann,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay. Your funds should be available in your linked payment method within minutes when you use Instant Pay (as long as your debit card is already successfully linked to your Upwork account). Depending on which bank you use, you may have to allow time for it to process your withdrawal. If by any chance the funds are not processed after 24 hours, please let us know so that we can issue a trace for the transaction.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having this exact same issue. All Upwork has told me is that their payments team is working on the matter. 

Same. I am just waiting for the 24 hours
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We had a temporary issue with Instant Pay earlier and our Payments team has advised that it has already been resolved. You can process a withdrawal using Instant Pay again. 

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused by this.

~ Valeria
Upwork
c1a07f7b
Community Member

I'm having the same issue now. I requested the instant payment yesterday and still have not received it. My bank doesn't see it coming in either, as I called them first. I also don't see anywhere to create a new support ticket in my support page. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Carrie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into this for you and assist you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members