cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Categories?

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
11 of 17

Another step by odesk that portrays it as a fumbling and clumsy newbie website. This last year a lot of faulty features have been rolled out which were fixed (and some still not fixed) after contractor's complaints. This is not acceptable from a marketplace that caters to software companies find software developers. They should really stop testing out things on us and hire some QA professionals.

I think if these features were rolled out when they were ready would have been welcomed and loved by the community. Odesk should go back to 2013 and think in terms of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
12 of 17

Are we there yet? If we had any idea at all where we were going, maybe we would know when we get there! (there's that word "we" again...lol....).

SB wrote in part "so they [OD] may as well ask before it's introduced - get it over and done with." Yep, someone there must have felt the same way and intentionally released that banner before the changes.

And AB, spot-on with "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Unless, of course, you have the competency to fix it!

Hey, what about a new program, "Kudos for Dollars"? Kudos to all!

Where's "P"? Late as usual. Kudos to "P" before he/she even posts to this thread...lol.... Yep, might as well get it over and done with....

Well, the Community is always good for a laugh. I'm off to my "day job." See Read y'all later!

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
13 of 17

Another fumble from odesk (Names not displaying on community) . Being a Software Developer looking for work on odesk, I really feel embarrassed with these bugs and issues. These bugs reflect poorly on us as well. A simple but working website(Before 2014) is much better than a website full of untested and "buggy" features.

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
14 of 17

I miss oDesk 2013

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
15 of 17

Is that when it was? Really? It seems so long ago....

OK, that's it, "mad robots" and now, "Back in the golden days, OD 2013 AD" [“anno Domini”].

PS: Take a look at the posts about oDesk and Yelp. Research Yelp and similar sites. A real mess....

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
16 of 17

I've seen the reviews Ron. Have you noticed the yelp review got really bad starting Feb 2014? One of my clients told me about it when I asked him to join oDesk so he can hire me here instead of via my wesbite (because I want to use oDesk's time tracking and record keeping). He says he doesn't get why I'm here as the site is a mess based on the online reviews. I can only say to him that things used to be not like that Smiley Sad

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
17 of 17

Kudos! I recently came across a thread about reviews of oDesk on Yelp and read most of them yesterday. I also checked other sources. I even found a few sites based in India and Bangladesh where freelancers are writing negative things about oDesk.

oDesk is in desperate need of "reputation management" (aka damage control). Unless, of course, they want the site to fail.

Most if not all of my online clients are off-freelance sites especially off-oDesk. I too like the oDesk platform because they did the bulk of my record keeping. Still, these days it just takes up too much time and effort to find good jobs and good clients on this site.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS