🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New Freelance Job
Page options
danishlike
Community Member

New Freelance Job

How can new freelancers get jobs?

I have sent several Job Proposals but have not received any Job Offers as a Freelancer. Please, I need a Mentor to offer me, I will be grateful..

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
ivory-okuwa
Community Member

I am currently having the same issues. Since I opened my Upwork account, I have yet to receive

any job offer. I submit proposals and some of them reply, but then they go silent. I seriously need help here. Please let me know when you do find someone to mentor you.

Trying to search for jobs that have been recently published. Most of the jobs are expired and you're just wasting your connections sending them an offer.

melaniekhenson
Community Member

Danish S wrote:

How can new freelancers get jobs?

I have sent several Job Proposals but have not received any Job Offers as a Freelancer. Please, I need a Mentor to offer me, I will be grateful..

Thank you.

Danish, please, please take out the offer of free work from your profile. It's not a good look. It makes you look desperate. Never offer free work. Show potential clients that you're competent and valuable.

Sometimes it's the only way to get reviews because people don't want to hire someone with no reviews even though they could be by the person that they are seeking.

Demirhan E wrote:

Sometimes it's the only way to get reviews because people don't want to hire someone with no reviews even though they could be by the person that they are seeking.

If you devalue yourself then you are giving the client the impression that your work is not worth their money. This can easily translate to a lukewarm review, since you've planted the idea that you literally have to give your work away. Strange psychology but true.

And by the way, the free work won't earn you a review. Upwork doesn't work like that. You need an actual job offer, which involves a minimum payment from the client.

Interesting. 

4fe53362
Community Member

You can't. you just have to buy connections and continue sending offers that will never get answered. People posting job offers don't even bother taking down the jobs that have expired. The dev's need to change the system, ppl should be obligated to answer every application and take down expired jobs....

ivory-okuwa
Community Member

It's very frustrating. Submitting endless proposals and you get ghosted or job posters simply reach out to ask for your rates and do not speak to you again

1d448839
Community Member

Hello don't get discourage someone will definitely hint you up , just keep up , i myself am yet to land a first job but i keep up 

PradeepH

Hi Donnellyson,

I do not see a freelancer profile on your Upwork account. Please create a freelancer profile from the Settings page to apply for jobs.

Thank you,

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members