Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Milestones might not be visible?

patryk_w
Patryk W Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
1 of 4

Hello Everyone,

I am working with a client and I have completed already three Milestones for him and got paid.

There are two more Milestones which are set by a client - one of them is funded and one is not.

We are both into further cooperation together, so I know that there is another project which I can start working on simultaneously with two current ones.

The thing is that when I asked the client about setting that new project as new Milestone, he replied that "You might not be able to see it until the previous ones are completed".

My question is: Is it true what client says? That new Milestones might not be visible until I will not finish previous ones?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Patryk

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Patryk,

The Milestone will be visible but your client won't be able to fund it until the two previous ones have been released. By design, a Milestone can be funded only once a previous one is released, so your client would need to release the first one, fund and release the second one before they could fund the third one. You also won't receive a notification until the third Milestone is funded, so maybe the client was referring to that visibility.

Please make sure you don't start working on the other tasks if Escrow is not funded for them, because your payment won't be covered by Upwork's Payment Protection Program.

Alternatively, the client can edit the amount when releasing funds from Escrow and pay more than was initially funded for the first Milestone.

Untitled

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Patryk W wrote:
I know that there is another project which I can start working on simultaneously with two current ones.

The easiest and safest solution would be to work on the different project under a new CONTRACT with its own milestones.

patryk_w
Patryk W Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
4 of 4

Thank you very much Petra and Vladimir for your answers and time.

All the best!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS