🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Upwork Android App Available Now
Page options

New Upwork Android App Available Now

lenaellis
Community Member

A new version of Upwork's Android app is now available in the Google Play store under the name “Upwork for Freelancers”. Just like the iOS app, our new Android app allows freelancers to access nearly all of Upwork.com while on the go. Freelancers will be able to do things like: 

• Review and accept jobs or proposals
  • Communicate through Upwork Messages
  • Share files
  • Search for jobs
  • View projects
  • Manage contracts
  • Get paid

The new Android app “Upwork for Freelancers” is for freelancers and agencies only. The current Upwork Android app called "Upwork," has not been updated but is still available to download. If you use a client account to hire on Upwork, then we ask that you keep the current app.

If you only use Upwork as a freelancer, you can download the new "Upwork for Freelancers" app and delete the old app.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

47 Comments
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Miriam.

If no one from Upwork can resolve this issue, I will try your fix.

Thanks.

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Pranay,

Thank you for reaching out. Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi, Riri.

A couple of days ago I deleted the version of the Upwork app on my phone and replaced it with the version recommended to me by your colleague Sandy.

Everything seems to be working fine now. I really like the upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Will

osamanaseer
Community Member

There are issues in new app. This was very good idea to add more functionality but really not successful yet.

1: I can't send or see messages in new app (message window blinks continously)

2: New app is just like web page and its so slow in mobile internet rather than prevoius app. So, I always do not prefer to open new app. Old app was have limited optons but was fast.

3. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Osama,

Thank you for letting us look into this. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team. Our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else.

michaelapadilla
Community Member

Hello,

I don't exactly know where to leave this kind of feedback so I am posting it here. The new mobile app isn't compatible with my phone so I couldn't use it (my phone is Huwawei Y6 Pro). I would just like to suggest to the upwork app developers to look into making it compatible to more devices. I would love to be able to access all the new features; I feel like I am missing out on a lot! Hope this post reaches the right people. Thank you very much!

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Michaela, 

The new android app requires an Android 6 or higher operating system. Could you please confirm if your phone's OS version so that I can look into this further for you? 

michaelapadilla
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thanks for the reply. I see. My Android version is only 5.1. Is there any chance the app could be compatible to older versions in the near future?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My Android version is only 5.1. Is there any chance the app could be compatible to older versions in the near future?"

They only recently delivered something that works on Android.

It is unlikely that the Android team has plans to make the app backward compatible with older versions.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks for following up Michaela and providing additional info. We don't have plans for making the app compatible with older versions and as Avery mentioned, the Upwork for Freelancers Android app requires an Android 6+ device.