🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New Name and Person for my account
Page options
mohsin013
Community Member

New Name and Person for my account

Hi,
Recently I started training my younger brother about what I do and he is picking it well. I want him to work with me.

I have planned to start my owne business and want to gift my ID to him. Is there any legal way to do it? What is I change my profile name and picture?

I read the terms and conditions and it says you only need identity information which i can provide.

Please guide me.
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Recently I started training my younger brother about what I do and he is picking it well. I want him to work with me. I have planned to start my own business and want to gift my ID to him. Is there any legal way to do it? What is I change my profile name and picture?

I read the terms and conditions and it says you only need identity information which i can provide. Please guide me."

No. You can not do that.
You would be wise to never again say anything about this idea.

PradeepH

Hello Muhammad,

Upwork TOS do not allow selling, trading, sharing, or giving an account to another person as a gift. If you are no longer using your Upwork account, you can request for account closure here. Your brother will have to create a new Upwork account using his personal information. You can also create an agency on your Upwork account if you work as a team. You can refer to this Help article to know more about Agencies on Upwork.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

The agency idea looks good. I will read the article
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members