cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Policy on # of Skills is not enforced

johngrantham
John G Member Since: Sep 16, 2009
1 of 3
oDesk has decided to implement FOR ONLY SOME a new policy to limit freelancers to 10 skills. As an employer I like the idea of limiting to 10 (though I think 12-15 is better) but as a freelancer, 10 could be very limiting for some. In any case, THE POLICY IS NOT MY PROBLEM. My problem is that it is not being enforced for all freelancers and thus is an unfair advantage to the other freelancers, AS WELL as an disservice to employers who think the system is fair. Any freelancers that created their profiles before the new policy, still have more than 10 skills. Support said they are working to fix that, BUT THE FACT remains they have not.
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
2 of 3
[quote=John G.]My problem is that it is not being enforced for all freelancers and thus is an unfair advantage to the other freelancers[/quote]
tusk
Richard H Member Since: Apr 6, 2013
3 of 3
I don't think 10 is enough for someone to show what he knows. If I know Django and PHP I'm already above 10 skills: Django, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, Apache, MySQL, SQLite, jQuery, Javascript. And I didn't even scratch the surface of OS usage, Photoshop knowledge, other languages (C#, Java), other web tech (Ruby on Rails, PHP Frameworks, Ember.js, Angular.JS) or for example Office knowledge. And I could go on with another hundreds of examples. And for my 32 skills I've added half year ago, I could add more now, since in this technology you always keep on learning or you will soon fail under the knowledge of newcomers.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS