🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New Profile not showing up
Page options
morganeroux
Community Member

New Profile not showing up

Hello 

I set up my profile last week and it is not showing up in the freelancers research. Even when I type my full name for example... I am nowhere to be found.

Can you help please?

Best,

4 REPLIES 4
df602768
Community Member

Hello Morgane,

I can find you, though.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 10.07.08 PM.png

You appear on the second page when I search for people with the same name as yours. 

because you clicked on my profile directly right? But if you type my name in the field of research it doesnt come up...

I typed your name in the search bar 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.43.36 PM.png

petra_r
Community Member

morgane r wrote:

I set up my profile last week and it is not showing up in the freelancers research. Even when I type my full name for example... I am nowhere to be found.

Why would real clients search for you by name? 

Don't search for yourself, it's an entirely pointless exercise because search results are rotated and different people see different results depoending on their client account history to help clients get the best matches FOR THEM.

As a new freelancer in a category with literally tens of thousands of freelancers, your chances of appearing in the first few pages regularly are slim. As you in contracts, earn money and hopefully a great Job Success Score and then Top Rated status, you will appear on the first pages of the search results more often (remember the rotation).

Until then, your jobs will likely come from applying to job posts.

With the right filters, your profile pops up perfectly in the search results.

visible in search results.png

morgane r wrote:

Even when I type my full name for example... I am nowhere to be found.

Searching with the full surname will never bring up meaningful results.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members