Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Team App

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
1 of 26

I don't suggest downloading it.  Has crashed my computer three times in a row.  Guess I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

And my messages shows two new messages on the icon, but none are there.  

Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds in store for me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 26

Thanks for letting us know Mary. I just got the email about the new "Team App" (is that the time tracker app?) and was wondering what to do. They say "We’ll be supporting your current Team App for a limited time only", so I hope they sort out these problems first!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 26

I believe it IS the team tracker.  I tried on both Chrome and IE and totally crashed me.  Didn't they just change the Team App a month or two ago?

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 26

Yeah I think they did and there were many complaints about it! And from what you've said, it seems they haven't gotten this "new" one right either...

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 26

I cannot figure out where my original post went.  Anyway, I was unable to download the new tracker.  Then I was unable to install it.  After going back and forth, I finally had to uninstall the old time tracker and then install the new one.  After all of that, I hate the new one.  Sigh.....

Highlighted
Jennyfer M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
6 of 26

I wish we had an  upwork member replying to this thread very soon. I'm concerned with the "Beta" and the "Current version found in https://www.upwork.com/downloads/new-team-application. A friend of mine and fellow oDesker/Upworker (Gosh I really hate this new name!) brought to my attention that these both installations are the same version. 

This friend started investigating after I went ahead and intalled the new app and it failed to track 3 hours of my work time. . . yes I was logged in and the app showed as "online." Personally, I think that when ti comes to finances things should've been left alone!  This app is God Aweful ugly aesthetically speaking, and handicap. . . Where did the "Tools" & "View" options from our old app when? I'm ok with the webcam gone away, but maybe just maybe I was the only one using all the other helpful tools found within these menu options. 

I have to LOL  at the email I've received along with the link for download, it read something along the lines "We've listening to your feedback" . . . or something like that. I would love to know where was I and why no one send me that survey? Because I would've surely have voted to left things the way it was.  

I'm opting to  not even introduce  upwork anymore to any local client and just use time doctor (same exact principle as the old oDesk app) with them.  I was so very happy and proud to be part of oDesk. . . somehow it seems that once our previous VP stepped down. . or was let go (whatever the case was)  and the entire platform stepped down and into one messy  place to work in. 

We have all these new charges to apply for jobs, "connects" from elance. . . but we are yet to have a way to pay subcontractors through upwork, we have an app not many like nor want to install; it fails to track time, a billing system that it is "transparent" but yet confusing and that's innacurate up until the last minute (when client gets charged)  when it suddenly gets all acurate. but now we are called "UP" work. . . **edited for Community Guidelines**

I would love to see actual interaction from this new company  that has taken over and send us all these surveys so we ALL  be part of these crazy transitions and have something a lot more consistent than what we're having so far JS

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 26

Hi Jennyfer,

You can still access the webcam settings as well as other settings by clicking on your name at the bottom of the Team App and selecting "Preferences." If you have any issues with the App not tracking your time properly, please submit logs to the team by clicking on your name and selecting "Contact Support."

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jennyfer M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
8 of 26

Hi,

Seems that my old odesk app auto updated today to upwork, so I followed yours instructions and I still do not see the "Meter" link that would allow me to see how much (in actual currency figures, not hours) I've made for the week.

Also, the messenger hasn't worked since I first installed it... nor does it seems to be working now. Already submitted tickets about the hours that weren't track.  Waiting to hear something back, thanks.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 26

Finally, after many emails back and forth with the Powers That Be, I decided to fix this myself.  I totally uninstalled the old Team Tracker App, then downloaded and installed the new one.  It works.  I hate it, but it works.

As long as the old one was on my computer, the installer thought I was trying to run duplicate copies.  Anyway, it's done and done.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 26
That makes sense Mary - thanks for letting us know. Haven't downloaded the new one yet - will wait til I'm forced to!
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS