Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upwork Fee Implementation Issue

absuleman
Suleman R Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
1 of 7

Hey,

I got a notification from Upwork that I will be charged 10% for the job I am currently doing because the job was posted before 21st June. I just got paid for the first milestone and I was charged 20% instead. I woud like to know why was I charged 20% after getting a notification which read something like "The new Upwork fees has been implemented but you will be charged 10% for {job title}." I didn't take a screenshot as I didn't feel it would be necessary at that time. 

The only reason that comes to my mind is that the job was officially started on 22nd June but then again, I got the notification from Upwork after the job was started. 

Is there any way I can reclaim the amount I (apparently) supposed to get?

Thanks!

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 7

No, the post date doesn't matter. It's contract date.

2dde79ec
Juan F Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
3 of 7

This upwork system is designed to rippoff both parties engaged, i wish we could go back to elance! 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

I hope they keep ripping me off cuz mannnnnnn I'm a pretty happy camper with my Upwork gangsta life style.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

re: "This Upwork system is designed to rip off both parties engaged"

How so?

absuleman
Suleman R Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
6 of 7

Thanks, Jenn.

The notification just added to the confusion. They shouldn't have sent it if they were going to charge 20%. 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 7

Hi Suleman, 

I checked your contract that started on June 22, and can see that the 20% fee was applied. Pease send a screen grab of the email you received from the team that confirms you will only be charged 10% for this contract via this link so that the team can look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS