🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: New account
Page options
s-maksimovich
Community Member

New account

Hi, i would ask if it could be possible to close my old account with no working history and open a new account with VAT number and updated bank, adress and personal information. I registered my previous account to understand how upwork works and to decide if this platform could be fine for starting a working activity. Now after all this years, I moved to new home, created a portfolio and activated a VAT number and now I would open a new account from zero. Somebody can help me? Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Slao M wrote:

I would open a new account from zero. 

No, you can't. You'll have to edit the info on your current profile. You can't ever create another Upwork account.

You have absolutely no history on Upwork, so you can simply edit the details you want to edit.

Thank you for reply, I would ask you also, what when it comes to take money from upwork after completing a project? I mean, I am signed in upwork account with the name "Slao Maksimovich", which for me is absolutely fine (its my nick name) my real name is "Sviatoslav Maksymovych", could it be an issue when comes to withdraw money from upwork or in other cases?

Thank you

Slao M wrote:

? I mean, I am signed in upwork account with the name "Slao M", which for me is absolutely fine (its my nick name) my real name is "Sviatoslav M", could it be an issue when comes to withdraw money from upwork or in other cases?

You may have to do a name-change request, or require manual approval, but is Slao is a short form for Sviatoslav, a bit like Jim is for James, or Bob is for Robert?

At worst, you may have to do ID verification when you ask to change the name.

Yes, "Slao" is a short form of Sviatoslav here in Italy, if its possible I would not change it. 

Also the surname registered in upwork is "Maksimovich" with "i", while on my documents my surname is "Maksymovych" with "y".

If I could proceed with the current name registered "Slao Maksimovich" for me it woud be perfect. But of course I want to be shure that it would be not a problem in any case.
My clients outside upwork know me as "Slao Masksimovich" so I would be happier if they could find me in case they join to upWork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths