Yesterday I decided to apply for a job and I opened the dialog for creating a proposal - the text fields had no borders.
I reported the bug (it's a bug, is not it - does it make sense to write text in the void?) and the answer was "this is by design".
99% of forms on the web either have bordered text fields or at least a bottom border (if they follow Google Material design principles) - and here we suddenly have no borders at all. Because someone (I have no clue whether this decision comes from a manager or from a designer) decided that text fields will be better without borders.
Then I decided to make a tiny update to my overview. I opened my profile and the characters counter below the text field suddenly shows a negative number. How is this possible? This overview has already been created 4 months ago - and back then Upwork happily accepted it.
I reported the bug and the reply was "This field has a limit of 5000 symbols". I counted the symbols in two different text editors and the number is 4170 symbols. Obviously there is something wrong here as 5000 minus 4170 is certainly not -1119 ...
Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue. I see that the text files have borders and the word count did not show a negative number. Here's the screenshot that I took.
This could have been a minor glitch but thank you so much for reporting. If we get several more reports, we will proceed to investigate the issue.
The character cap in the overview has been around for two years. I haven't been able to edit my profile for the same reason. Wait until you find the sections with a 500-character cap. Some of the new features are
great useless for this very reason.