Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New calamity: Please verify you are a human

Community Leader
Ivan B Member Since: Sep 7, 2013
1 of 7

Seen this twice today:

reCAPTCHA.png

The same computer I use Upwork website for many years.

Upwork, please remove this scum. Quickly.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
2 of 7

Yeah, I get that captcha over and over again, every few days. Very annoying. It goes away after I clear cache and cookies, but doing that over and over again is a pain.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 7

Hi Ivan,

Here are a few steps you can take to limit the number of time CAPTCHA is required. You’ll want to make sure of the following: 

- Javascript is enabled
- Cookies are enabled
- Your browser does not block ads
- Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

If the problem persists, please send us the reference ID located at the bottom of the CAPTCHA page.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Leader
4 of 7

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for ideas. Only one of them may be relevant: naturally, my browser blocks ads. But how ad blocking may be connected with "unhuman" behavior detected by Upwork? Blocking ads is an obvious evidence that the user is human. So my strong requirement to Upwork programmers is to remove this absurd and annoying captcha. Quickly.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 7

Hi Ivan, 

I'm sorry to learn that this has inconvenienced you. At Upwork, we take great measures to help ensure a safe and thriving online workplace. Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is just one of these tools. CAPTCHA entries are requested if we detect activity that is unusual for a user, but this does not necessarily mean the account has been compromised.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
6 of 7

Avery,

There couldn't be any unusual activity on my computer in principle. Today Upwork interrupted my work five times asking me to click fire hydrants and traffic lights. This is very annoying. Please ask your programmers to remove this absurd verification.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
7 of 7

Do you dream of Electric Sheep?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS