🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New changes in Upwork!
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

New changes in Upwork!

Capture 1.JPG

I appreciate this new feature of Upwork. At least we will know before applying, we are getting back our paid connects or not for those extra-ordinary clients who just post, invites and then hire nobody. Because I don't remember when I get connects back for the closed job without hiring anybody!

The calculation for JSS is always very confusing to me...before and now! I Upwork believes higher-paying jobs typically require more work, so they believe the feedback we receive from those clients should carry more weight. I am not worried about this but My question is what is a higher-payment rate to Upwork? I mean from where it starts - From $100 or from $1000?

I don't know what's the condition of the other section. but in my section, in the video production section, I have been noticing that there are not that many Jobs here like before. And as I am very picky to apply after this "Paid Connect" system, I am not applying even more than 5 jobs in a month. Because I found most of the budget is very unreasonable, painful and the client's hiring rate is very low.
And this is a true image of Present Upwork from the middle of the last year.
Twenty, 5 minutes videos for $20!
Thirty, 15 to 30 seconds video for $50!
$4/per video of video compiled and edited.
$5 for an expert editor and truly that was really and intentionally $5.
I guess very soon, clients of Upwork will ask for "Pixar" or "Disney" standard animations/videos at $5!

And what about the private feedback from a two-headed client?

Also, a very important issue is that the percentage of winning a job is decreasing day by day and it started in February of the last year. Luckily I have some old clients who are giving me Job here. Either I had to close UW account as there is no reason to waste time and money for gambling! Some Clients come and just started to invite, not even touch any of the Freelancers who paid to apply to their job. In this case, I had a weird experience. A <>month ago, I found a job post was sharing one of my video links as a reference video in his/her job post! I applied to that job and I was extremely expecting to gain that as the job description was referencing the video that was created by me! But I didn't get any response from there. He/She started to invite, I lost my paid connects. The client didn't find me among those 15 to 20 applicants. I am very interested to know how Upwork presents Freelancer's proposal to clients. DOes clients can see every proposal if they want or Upwork archive or decline some proposals before reaching to a client?

Probably from now, Freelancers and Clients can't communicate via Skype or other similar communication media or email if both sides don't agree. Personally I never agreed with any Client to talk via skype or others. That's my weak side because I am comfortable to write but not to talk. And for this reason, I have lost many jobs because the client doesn't agree if I do not agree to talk with some of them! But yes, many times I had to share my email for sharing sources raw videos/images. I think this sharing will not break the new Upwork ToS! Am I right?
But I was missing the Upwork Freelancer's Mobile App which is not working for 4 or 5 months. Even we can't find that in Playstore! It was pretty comfortable to communicate with the clients if I am not at the front of my PC or I am at the outside! It would be great if Upwork could think about the Mobile Apps for the Upwork Freelancers. Is it possible for Upwork to build that App again?
Thank you!

Sincerely,

RAFS

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I will try to respond to every question you asked, but please let me know in case I miss any.

Regarding the JSS calculation, please note that to ensure fairness and avoid manipulation, we don’t share the specifics about how we calculate the Job Success Score. You can check more information in this help article

Private feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. Your client's record of feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. We know that not every contract will end perfectly, and your JSS won't be ruined by just one or two negative contract outcomes. However, successful freelancers do their best on each contract and to work to satisfy their clients. Improvement in your client satisfaction over time will allow you to overcome almost any negative incident.

Your client can see every proposal and also has the ability to filter proposals on the qualification they specify. If you are applying to a job post and not meeting the requirements, your client will see that you are not passing their criteria. You can check out this help article for more information.

Sharing your email in messages with your clients is not a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

You can check out this announcement regarding the release of the new Freelancer Mobile App. The new Android App requires an Android 6.0 or higher operating system and we don't have plans for making the app compatible with older versions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I will try to respond to every question you asked, but please let me know in case I miss any.

Regarding the JSS calculation, please note that to ensure fairness and avoid manipulation, we don’t share the specifics about how we calculate the Job Success Score. You can check more information in this help article

Private feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. Your client's record of feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. We know that not every contract will end perfectly, and your JSS won't be ruined by just one or two negative contract outcomes. However, successful freelancers do their best on each contract and to work to satisfy their clients. Improvement in your client satisfaction over time will allow you to overcome almost any negative incident.

Your client can see every proposal and also has the ability to filter proposals on the qualification they specify. If you are applying to a job post and not meeting the requirements, your client will see that you are not passing their criteria. You can check out this help article for more information.

Sharing your email in messages with your clients is not a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

You can check out this announcement regarding the release of the new Freelancer Mobile App. The new Android App requires an Android 6.0 or higher operating system and we don't have plans for making the app compatible with older versions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This is wonderful! I got my answers except the JSS . Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members