cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New client, posting a project for the first time. What is the process?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 22

I agree 100% with Tiffany.

If people stick to the rules, they are most unlikely to get scammed. If people decide to break the most fundamental rules of this site and lack the common sense, they need to learn the hard way.

Like Tiffany I refuse to pay more fees to have staff do stuff that would not be necessary if people who break the rules can be protected from their own stupidity and I am not willing to have great clients turned off Upwork and run to other site just to protect people who want to violate the terms of service.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 22

Hi Sean,

I understand that running into fake jobs or scams is frustrating. We do have internal mechanisms both automatic and manual that identity such jobs and remove them as quickly as possible. However, often there are no violation in the job posting itself and fed flags don't appear until the scammer contacts freelancers through it. That's why we also rely on freelancers being familiar with Upwork ToS, paying attention to pop ups that warn them about dangers of taking communication and payments off of the platform and flagging such job posts quickly. They are usually removed shortly after being reported. 

P.S. actions have already been taken against the job you reported on this thread.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS