🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New computer
Page options
noorali58
Community Member

New computer

I wanna exchange my computer with my friend's computer because i liked that but he is already running his upwork account on his computer so,  i wanna confirm that if i open my account on his computer without installing new window (as you know  it consume too much time to installing  many softwares again and fixing alots of other things) there will be any issue for me facing from Upwork or not?

My friend wanna get my computer he will open his own account on my computer so, lemme confirm if we exchange our computers permanently and login our accounts without installing new window there could be happend any issue with our Upwork freelancer Accounts or not?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

You won't have any issues/problems with your account in this case. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Why would anyone exchange (or buy / sell) computers and not wipe them clean and reinstall a clean OS?

That would be borderline insane.

Anyway, even reinstalling the OP does not wipe the computer's own identifying data. 

Together with your "I am going to move to another country" stories it all starts tro sound like you may have soe "interesting" plans. Is your "friend" who you want to "exchange" computers with also going to be "moving" to another country?

No, there is no any plan to moving to other country now because i was  just  planning for tourism abroad in future but now i have cancelled it because of having alot of stuff here.

I have tired to working on this low specification computer and i wanted to buy new one but my friend told me he  want to sale his computer and i made deal with him to excahnge computer, i likes his computer because it's  better in specification and latest version than mine but he don't use heavy softwres (like filmora, camtasia etc) so he agreed with this deal and i will pay him some extra money as his computer's price is higher than mine and i don't wanna reinstall window because he has installed already activated version of window but don't have that window now tha's why i wanna use that computer with activated version of window and if i reinstall then i need to reinstall alot of softwares plus will lose activated version of window. that's all.

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

You won't have any issues/problems with your account in this case. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you !

Upwork is not the "computer police."

Upwork freelancers may use multiple computers.

A single computer may be used by multiple different freelancers.

Upwork has automated algorithms that look for suspicious activity. But these things in and of themselves do not violate any rules.

No need

34520b3f
Community Member

No

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members