Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contracts and feedback.

alisonwells
Alison W Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 7

Couple of questions.

If I accept a contract for 25 hours per week today then will I need to start logging these hours straight away and squeeze the 25 hours into 4 days or should I wait until the start of a new week before I accept it?

Also, my last contract ended because the client account was suspended - does this mean I can't leave or request any feedback from her?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 7

25 hours in four  days is not much of a "squeeze"! Smiley Wink

But it really depends on what you have agreed with your client. Are you using the tracker or logging your hours manually? I would be very wary of doing the latter if you don't know your client, as Upwork can't protect you if your client reneges on the deal.

I can't answer your second question -so you will have to wait for a super guru or a mod for that one.

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
3 of 7

If I accept a contract for 25 hours per week today then will I need to start logging these hours straight away and squeeze the 25 hours into 4 days or should I wait until the start of a new week before I accept it?

It just means you're allotted a total of 25 hours/week. [joking mood on] If your client needs the job done within 2 days then you'd better start working right now instead of posting messages [joking mode off]. It doesn't mean you need to squeeze the 25 hours into 4 days, you can work, say, 10 hours this week and 15 hours next week. What changes is the moment in which you get the money (you get first the 10 hours, and the next 15 hours a week later because of the billing system of hourly jobs).

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

@Andrea B wrote:

It just means you're allotted a total of 25 hours/week. [joking mood on] If your client needs the job done within 2 days then you'd better start working right now instead of posting messages [joking mode off]. It doesn't mean you need to squeeze the 25 hours into 4 days, you can work, say, 10 hours this week and 15 hours next week.

It means you have a limit of "up to" 25 hours a week

Exactly how much you actually do depens on what you and the client agreed.

The working week runs from Monday to Sunday, and 25 hours means 25 between Monday and Sunday, not 10 this week, 15 next week.

Discuss it with your client so you are both on the same page.

25 hours over 4 days would be my idea of "taking it easy" by the way lol

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
5 of 7

and 25 hours means 25 between Monday and Sunday, not 10 this week, 15 next week.

Why not? If you agree with your client for a total of 25 hours for a specified project, and your client requires the job done within next week, you can work 10 hours this week and 15 hours next week. Am I wrong?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Alison,

Weekly limit of 25 hours means that you will be able to log up to 25 hours and the client will be automatically billed for those hours. Everything over that limit that you log will not be billed to the client and you will need to discuss payments separately. At the same time usually it doesn't mean that you have to reach that limit. As others suggested on this thread, talk to your client to clarify what's expected.

As for the other contract, it will be suspended until the client resolves certain issues with her account. Your client or you can still end the contract and provide feedback.

~ Valeria
Upwork
alisonwells
Alison W Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 7

Thank you all for the replies, that's very helpful. Regarding "only" doing 25 hours in 4 days - I have other work on outside of Upwork so 25 hours per week for this contract is really my limit although I don't really feel I should have to justify or disclose this....

I have been discussing with the client and had already requested that they verify their payment method as I will be tracking all my hours - they are just waiting on confirmation but thanks for the advice anyway, I appreciate it as this has been an issue for me in the past.

I was just under the impression that I had to COMPLETE 25 hours each week, just wanted to clarify this before I accept the offer so thanks for the help.  Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS