🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: New fonts, colours?
Page options
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

New fonts, colours?

Come on, Upwork.

You're messing with the fonts and colours of this site.

What you have done, sucks - the new fonts are extremely hard to read.

155 REPLIES 155
2a05aa63
Community Member

I'm in love with the new font! 

I've_Looked_At_This_For_Five_Hours_Now_Banner

Viacheslav K wrote:

I'm in love with the new font! 

I've_Looked_At_This_For_Five_Hours_Now_Banner

Come on. On a PC, the new font is almost illegible to me that's used to the previous one.

Granted, it may be considered a mobile friendly font but that's just about where the pros end.

I like it too (on a 27" Mac)

It's a matter of taste I suppose.

a_lipsey
Community Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who actually likes it. Eek!

it cannot be said that it is better than the previous font. This font very hard to read.

It cannot be said that it is better than the previous font. The previous font was really well more than this. This font very hard to read.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

prestonhunter
Community Member

I believe the following:

- All change is bad.

- All change is good.

- Some change is good and some change is bad.

I don't know about fonts, site's been messed up in Opera for a long time, but all the thumbnails are circular now, they used be more like semicircles, unless that was also an Opera bug. I want more emojis. Cat Frustrated

John K wrote:

I don't know about fonts, site's been messed up in Opera for a long time, but all the thumbnails are circular now, they used be more like semicircles, unless that was also an Opera bug. I want more emojis. Cat Frustrated

Just use the browser emojis 🦒

yitwail
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

John K wrote:

Just use the browser emojis 🦒

They're ugly too. 😾

Hurts my eyes on desktop. Just not a good display font.

Correct. I got the pain in my eyes this evening as soon as they changed it.
I don't know for those on a Mac.

I think it's all right. 

I wonder if this means a dark theme is coming? 

Jamie F wrote:

I think it's all right. 

I wonder if this means a dark theme is coming? 

If you use chrome you can force dark mode into everything.

Hi All,

We appreciate your feedback about the font!

Abinadab and Kevin, 

Could you please take a screenshot of what the font looks like for you and share it with us? It will also help us if you can share what browser you are using, the version, your operating system, your screen resolution, and any other details/feedback. I will be happy to pass it on to our team for review. Thanks for your help! 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Screenshot.png

Hi Valeria,
I'm not going to go into whether I like it or not, but my eyes are screaming at how bad the font reads. I see it broken.

Google Chrome
Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64 bits)

This is from my Chromebook (Chrome Version 89.0.4389.130 (Official Build) (32-bit). 

Screenshot 2021-05-04 3.35.04 PM.png

Valeria, it looks like this on my Windows PC (screen resolution 1366x768) using Chrome (Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit). As you can see, the lower case letters display with variable pitch. (It looks great on my Chromebook -- will send shot in separate post.)

UW font on PC.png

2021-05-04 22_07_11-Introducing the World’s Work Marketplace - Upwork Community.png

Win 10. 64-bit.

Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build).

Res: 1366 X 768

Can you see how everything is clumped together.

I don't use glasses IRL but this one did beat me lol.

I can only imagine what those with actual eyesight problems are going through now.

After the outrage on both your official fb and on here, the general consensus on your so-called "rebranding" efforts should be pretty clear by now.

Hi John, 

Unfortunately, Opera isn't a browser we officially support. The issues you experience while browsing the site on Opera may be due to that. Check out this help article for more info.

And I agree, there is never enough emojis! Robot Happy Would you like to see more emojis here in the Community, in Upwork Messages or both? I'll make sure our product team is aware of your request for more emojis.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Please fix this.. I initially thought its a browser issue, then checked forums to find this thread. This looks like a fancy font - please change it or at least make it configurable so users who wish can go back to using old/standard font ! 

Maria and Anish,

Thank you very much for including the screenshots. Could you please share which operating system you're using?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Maria and Anish,

Thank you very much for including the screenshots. Could you please share which operating system you're using?

Win 7 64bits

<<  Thank you very much for including the screenshots. Could you please share which operating system you're using?

~ Valeria >>

Windows 10 64 bits

Browser - Chrome

Valeria,

Doing a little poll, for now, those who use MAC see it well.
It seems to crash for PC.
If there are more people out there who can say how they see it and what system they use, perhaps we get something clear.

When I have more answers I'll tell you.

PS: And even if you get it to look good, maybe it would be better to read a slightly "bold" font.
It's too "thin".

Valeria,

Another question, where has the question mark icon on the bottom of the screen in Upwork gone?

this new font is not only in opera browser,

time tracker has also gotten this new font after the update - I see it in the app, in my browsers and on screenshots people post here - this not a bug or something, it's narrow font that is not easy to read.

I surf upwork website from time to time wearing no my eyeglasses or lenses, and I have astigmatism and I was pretty much ok with it untill this update! I can't read it with no leneses or yee glasses now

Why on earth has Upwork changed a really strong IU to a wishy-washy hard-to-read page and ghastly colours. 

Haven't you guys got better things to do in the marketing dept?  To say nothing of getting rid of all those lazy students who want their work done for them. 

ETA: And that dayglo green is hard on the eyes and worse than the green when Upwork became Upwork after the Elance merge. 

I signed in especially for this, I had trouble focusing on the words and numbers. Looks like an amateur website now.

I'm really hoping it's a glitch and they fix it soon.

Nichola and Mileva,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the font and colors. We are always working to improve Upwork in many different ways, whether it be updating our look or adding new features or offerings. We can assure you that this new design effort did not take away from these other important priorities. 

I've merged your posts to this thread where the discussion about these changes has been happening and I would appreciate if you could share a screenshot of what the font looks like for you along with any details about the browser and operating system you're using.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there, here's what it looks like for me:

The font reads as a somewhat disturbed tone.

I thought it was just me being fussy, but it really is hard to read. Kudos! :smile: 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Phyllis, Maria, Anish and others,

I really appreciate you all sharing more information here. This has been very helpful to our teams. There appears to be an issue with the font for certain browsers and/or operating systems and our engineers are currently working to address it. Meanwhile, I invite you all to check out Lars' exciting announcement here that prompted these changes!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Phyllis, Maria, Anish and others,

I really appreciate you all sharing more information here. This has been very helpful to our teams. There appears to be an issue with the font for certain browsers and/or operating systems and our engineers are currently working to address it. Meanwhile, I invite you all to check out Lars' exciting announcement here that prompted these changes!

Can you answer the question about the chatbot? It's only visible from community. You can't see it within your Upwork profile pages anymore or even on the Help pages. 

Amanda and Maria,

Bojan and I have already forwarded reports of the chatbot icon missing to the team. It's currently being investigated.
We appreciate your patience!

Update: Could you please try doing a hard refresh or clearing cache on your browser? Let us know if the chatbot icon still doesn't show after that.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I think the new UpWork website interface is not good as the earlier one. It is hard to read texts and color is also disturbing the eye. The font is also compact, due to this text hard to read.

What are your thoughts on this?

andrew_nazarov
Community Member

This "Neue Montreal" font is really horrible!
I'm as a person with poor eyesight I can't normal read this texts.
My eyes start to hurt after 2 minutes of reading.

Hi Andrew and Sandip, 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with the font. It appears some people experience issues with the font when using certain browsers and operating systems. Our engineers are currently working to address it. If you could please share what browser you are using, the version, your operating system, your screen resolution, and any other details/feedback, it would help us very much.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, 

Im using Google Chrome browser (version: 90.0.4430.93) on Windows 7 OS. Screen resolution: 1366x768.
The text chars have different size and vertical position related to each other. And some chars like 'r' have cutted end, so it's hurd read words containing them.

I'm attaching the snapshot how it's look like on my screen.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members