🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New fonts, colours?
Page options
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

New fonts, colours?

Come on, Upwork.

You're messing with the fonts and colours of this site.

What you have done, sucks - the new fonts are extremely hard to read.

155 REPLIES 155

Valeria K wrote:

Our engineers are currently working to address it. 

While they're fixing the font, could they maybe revert the kudo icon? This is pretty garish.
chrome_ax03Ld5hOq.png

I see this.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 7.14.54 PM.png

Phyllis G wrote:

I see this.

It shows with white thumb on green background on a post you've kudoed

Wes C wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

I see this.

It shows with white thumb on green background on a post you've kudoed

I see now. And wish I didn't.

I don't find the new font particularly good or bad, but I do like the dark blue of the "Payment verified" client badge - much more visible.

alekseevpavel78
Community Member

It hurts my eyes. 

New fonts look awful and unreadable. Can we just have a choice of fonts in settings?

Gonna use font-changer addon for now.

Looks like that by default in Chrome (without anti-aliasing):

Untitled.png

It's a font render issue. I don't know if it's the font, windows, or browser. Some letters are cut off a bit, some have different weights. Even the ones that render correctly just look "off". Way better before! I swear, people always try to "fix" things that aren't broken 🤣🤣🤣

phuongdo
Community Member

I welcome all the changes but come on, the new font is a nightmare!! Please change it back.

The same here, the new colors are hurting my eyes and the new font doesn't look good on Firefox!

From a branding perspective, it is just outdated and awful. At all of my previous employers where I worked in marketing and graphic design, we would have never used that font for anything more than a few lines of text. Maybe it could be used in print marketing materials but NOT for digital assets.

This is how it looks for me. I literally thought either my browser or the site was failing to load properly when I first opened it today. It makes Upwork look like a website from 10-15 years ago. NOT the look you are going for.

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot. It will also help us if you can share what browser you are using, the version, your operating system, your screen resolution, and any other details/feedback. We will pass it on to our team for review. Thanks for your help!

~ Joanne
Upwork
adeel_webpro
Community Member

Hi, 

Suddenly my font size became very small and my Upwork footer is white before it was black dark bg now its bg is white i don't know what happened. I don't like this version please help me.

Thanks.

Best Regars, 
Adeel Nazir

Hi Adeel,

We have introduced the work marketplace industry category to enable remote freelancing to reach its full potential by giving remote freelancers and companies multiple ways to use Upwork and making it easy for them to connect and build trusted, long-term relationships that help them achieve more together. You might want to read the announcement posted here

Can you please take a screenshot and share with us how it looks like from your end? It will also help us if you can share what browser you are using, the version, your operating system, your screen resolution, and any other details/feedback. We will pass it on to our team for review. Thanks for your help!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

You can see the screenshot font size is very small even though it's not well readable and looks so weird, i am using Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and Browser is chrome.

Please find the attachment.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adeel Nazir

Hi Adeel,

Could you please share your Google Chrome browser’s version as well? Once you have that information, please let us know so that we can send it to the team. I appreciate your feedback and have forwarded it to the team.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

This font is very diffcult to read and my eyes hurt so please bring the old font. 

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adeel Nazir.

vinod111
Community Member

Difficult to read with the new font, It's too smallSmiley Sad. please revert it or do some necessary changes.

Readabilty of the new font is terrible on my 4K monitor. Please spare our eyes and revert to the old one!

Windows 10, 3840x2160, 15". Problem is the same in Chrome and updated Upwork client.

Screenshot-2021-05-05-15-05-27.png

Gregory M wrote:

Windows 10, 3840x2160, 15". Problem is the same in Chrome and updated Upwork client.

Screenshot-2021-05-05-15-05-27.png

Hi Gregory, 

Thanks for the details. Could you please confirm you've cleared your browser cache (if not please do) and provide a screenshot of the font on your end? 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

@Vladimir G - yes cache was cleared. I am not sure how to clear cache on Upwork Client - it has the same readability issue with this font.

Thanks for the follow-up, Gregory. If you're referring to the screenshot you shared here, I can confirm the font in the screenshot appears as by design.

Could you please share if you're finding that the size of the font is causing the readability problem on your monitor or whether it's stemming from a different source?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Both size and contrast of the font - it's too thin
dfccea74
Community Member

The font has been changed on my Upwork website. I've included the screenshots. Is everyone experiencing this issue? Can someone help me resolve this? It hurts my eyes.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Usama,

I would like to clarify that this is by design, we just updated our brand with a new look and feel. Could you try to clear your cache and cookies and let me know if you're still experiencing any problems on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It seems that I can already see the font well.
Now you just need to change it. It's a horrible font to read.
If you like it that much, at least make it "BOLD". It is too fine.
It is certainly not a good choice.

Agreed. Too hard to read. I really don't like this change. We want the previous font 😞

Hey Goran,

I've cleared the cookies and cache from the past 24 hours and the font is still the same. 

Hi Usama,

Could you please try clearing the all-time cache on your browser and let us know if the font appears the same?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vlad,
Before I see the source  bad in the forum, but good in Upwork.
Now it is the other way around.
What happens?

Maria T wrote:

Vlad,
What happens?

Hi Maria,

I'd like to look into this report and share it with our team. Could you please confirm you're accessing both Community and the Upwork website in the same browser and the font is displayed differently? Is that the same browser you were using earlier when you confirmed the font is displayed well?

If that's the case, could you please take screenshots of the font in the Community and Upwork website and share them with me here?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Vlad,
What happens?

Hi Maria,

I'd like to look into this report and share it with our team. Could you please confirm you're accessing both Community and the Upwork website in the same browser and the font is displayed differently? Is that the same browser you were using earlier when you confirmed the font is displayed well?

If that's the case, could you please take screenshots of the font in the Community and Upwork website and share them with me here?

Now I can see well the font in both sites.

Thanks for confirming, Maria! 

~ Vladimir
Upwork
svspit
Community Member

How browser's cache can be influencing thing for font appearance inside of the time tracking app?

That tinniest an narrowest font — how someone could could imagine it to be used for massive amounts of text, and upwork website and messaging part of the app are all about the text?

Do not you guys see people suffer - it's aspect ratio is what making it hard to read, not mentioning it had gotten couple of sizes smaler in the app already and this fact has not been eplxained by upwok team  so far - what was the purpose of making it smaller

**Edited for community guidelines**

zoe-barnett
Community Member

The font change has been a bad move for me. I'm on a Macbook, macOS Mojave 10.14.6. The font's just too small, which makes it harder to read than the previous one.

A couple of point sizes bigger would look better.

Zoe B wrote:

The font change has been a bad move for me. I'm on a Macbook, macOS Mojave 10.14.6. The font's just too small, which makes it harder to read than the previous one.

A couple of point sizes bigger would look better.

I am with a PC, and the font is very large.
If they raise it two points, only two posts per page would fit Smiley Wink

New font is certainly harder to read. Had to increase size just to make it legible, and even then it's a lot slower for me to browse compared with the old font. I realize some may prefer it, so perhaps an option to set our font? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members