Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New forum features

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
1 of 9

I don't see the Feedback section so apologies for posting here. 

When I go to "Community Discussions" -> "Freelancers" (or other subcategory), and click on "Mark All As New" or "Mark All As Read" in "Options", I don't see any difference. Nothing happens when I click on either of them. What should I look for? 

I am not used to the new forum yet, but I really wish for an easier overview. A small thing such as a "New" icon for new unread comments next to the "Latest Post by: [name]" would be one of them. Right now, it's impossible to remember or know if the same person posted a new comment unless I click on the post to read it. So a "New" icon for new unread comments would be great.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 9

They might also want to add a button at the bottom of the page so that you can advance to the next page.

The top of the page will have the page numbers but not the bottom of the page. So for long threads, when you get to the bottom, you have to scroll back to the top to get to the next page.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 9

That too!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
4 of 9

I actually find it all rather confusing and think they'd have been better off improving what really needs improving, not playing around on a forum.  This seems rather childish really. Especially when you consider how long many of us had to go waiting for a technical bug glitch screwing with interview requests and such.  That took weeks and now this?  Sorry, just not seeing the value in this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 9

You are so right about that Misty. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 9

I liked being able to tell at a glance when there's new posts without having to check the date of the last post on each thread.

I really didn't like the way the old forum worked but this doesn't seem much better. All I wanted to see was a different way of organizing posts.

At least they've made replies linear (i.e. this post is at the end of the thread instead of being posted after Natasha's intitial message)

Community Guru
7 of 9

Also, what's with the pop-up that keeps asking me to sign in? It keeps coming up even though the page states that I've signed in already.

To be honest, the fact that the forum seems poorly thought out doesn't really surprise me. I'm just hoping that the new forum doesn't add even more bugs to this site. We have enough already.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 9

Thanks for the feedback so far. To confirm David, the issue you're seeing with being required to sign in an authentication screen is a bug. We're working on fixing it now.

Highlighted
Community Guru
9 of 9

I'm glad you're working on fixing the sign in problem.

The other thing I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a spell checker anymore. My spelling is pretty good but it was useful to catch the occasional typo.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS