🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: New freelancers matched as the best
Page options
graphicavmx
Community Member

New freelancers matched as the best

Hello everyone!

I just want to ask a simple yet curious question. I am now a top-rated freelancer here on Upwork and have done many projects. I wanted to ask how does this "best match" thing works? I have seen that there are some new freelancers who are showing on the best match even if they have done no project and have zero rating and on the other hand some top-rated freelancers with high job success are not in the best match. What is the reason? How does it work?

Thanks

Saad

1 REPLY 1
yitwail
Community Member

Saad, as far as I know, Upwork has always rotated search results. That means that the same freelancers aren't always listed first in a search, even if they're the highest rated. And the same is probably true of this best match feature you mentioned. You can think of it as Upwork's way of giving everyone a chance. I'm sure it helps new freelancers who might never be hired otherwise. If you spend some time looking over Community posts, you'll see that even with this rotation, there are many new freelancers who send huge number of proposals and never get hired. I'm not defending Upwork by the way, but just explaining.

Learning Paths