🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New job request
Page options
blakemitchell55
Community Member

New job request

A few days ago, I had a gentlement contact me from Indiana. Instead of doing the usual invitation to interview, he registered with Upwork, and then sent me a message directly. We exchanged some messages and mutually decided I would be a good fit for a job he had. Now, turns out he works for a company which represents other companies. The job is for a University in Washington, D.C.. All parties are interested and anxious to get the work under way. The third party, however, is not a member of Upwork and the rep wants me to give him my E-mail so they can communicate with me directly. I am concerned this might violate the Upwork TOS. What do you think? If that is the case, what could be done to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Blake M wrote:

A few days ago, I had a gentlement contact me from Indiana. Instead of doing the usual invitation to interview, he registered with Upwork, and then sent me a message directly. We exchanged some messages and mutually decided I would be a good fit for a job he had. Now, turns out he works for a company which represents other companies. The job is for a University in Washington, D.C.. All parties are interested and anxious to get the work under way. The third party, however, is not a member of Upwork and the rep wants me to give him my E-mail so they can communicate with me directly.

The rep (whoever is interviewing you) can add the third party to the message room or to a call via the Upwork call-app. 

Email would not be acceptable at this stage.

Alternatively the rep could hire you fora $ 5 chat contract or an hourly contract and set the weekly limit to 0, then you have a contract and can communicate however you like.

Okay, the options of add a third party to the message room or to a call via
the Upwork call-app sound best to me. But, the interviewer is new to Upwork
and knows little about it. How does one go about adding a third party in
either the room or the call-app?

Hi Blake,

Please check this help article for more information on how to add the other people to Message Rooms and this one for the Pro Tips for Upwork Calls.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members