cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New members

Highlighted
Shiroma M Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 4

I joined this site to attend in a part time job to earn for a sensitive personal problem. But I was dissapointed coz the first 02 jobs which received for me are scams.  This is not a user friendly site for me.  As a new member I feel there is a huge competition to gain a job. Who will give me a reliable job? Is that you????????? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Shiroma M wrote:As a new member I feel there is a huge competition to gain a job. Who will give me a reliable job? Is that you????????? 

You really need to help yourself....

You are in an incredibly competitive field, and your profile is not helping you at all. It gives no details of any professional experience, it doesn't give any client any reason to hire you, or even invite you for an interview.

Spend some time creating a great profile, as that is currently the main problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Shehan F Member Since: Aug 10, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Shiroma, 

I agree with Petra's reply. 

Here are few things to consider - 

First of all upload a real picture of yourself (don't upload pictures of celebrities Smiley Happy)

Your current test results are below average so just hide it from your profile and retake the test when it's available again. 

Also please visit this link to get more tips on how to create a successful profile - 

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/ 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Shiroma, it is unfortunate, but also very common, for the first jobs a contractor works on to be scam jobs. This is because scammers target new contractors.

Don't take it personally or feel bad. Learn from the experience and move on. Feel free to come to the community forum to discuss new jobs. We can help you make good choices while you are still a newbie.

The good news is that once you have some experience, the scammers generally leave you alone and you will be knowledgeable enough to avoid their nonsense.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS