cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New messaging system - roll-out despite the past 48 hours?

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 12

Upwork, are you still going ahead with opting all of us into the new messaging system tomorrow - on top of this badly broken platform?

Despite everything that has happened in the past 2 days?

I probably won't notice because a) no navigation bar = no messaging system and b) new system = no messages being delivered.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 12
I was also wondering if they're going to go ahead and remove our star ratings amidst these disasters.
michael-remus
Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
3 of 12

It's a hard job to create the user experience as it is, so they desperately need this message system to reach the target.

mark8979
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
4 of 12

I was going to reply to this almost an hour ago, but of course, everything was down - enough said!

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
5 of 12

No, we won't be pushing this change live (to opt-in all users into the new Messaging system) tomorrow as previously scheduled. We recognize the recent site issues have caused disruption to your work and we want to stabilize everything before making this change. 

We'll post an update to the Announcement area before we do make the Messaging change for those of you using the old system. 

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
6 of 12

I really wish you would leave things alone. As it is I get invites at the end of the month every month. I must be in the end of the month rotations. The message system keeps popping up archived message from a year to two years ago. Things just don't work. 

I really have just about given up on looking for clients on Upwork as I get them to interview and then they disappear and don't hire anyone, or my messages aren't going through or... pick your poison.

I have shut up the last few days as I am afraid of what is going to come out of my mouth or should I say what my fingers are going to type.

heavenmade
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 12

Dear Garnor,

I say this with great respect!

I know you are only the messenger in all this!

The whole point here is we could do with a better messaging system we all agree on that!

BUT WE DONT WANT the new messaging system Upwork is trying to force us to use! 95% of people here DONT WANT IT & HATE IT! for reasons you already know.

Why can't Upwork hear this and accept it. Upwork needs to go BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. Start over again! This time Upwork could ask us what we want from a new messaging system? Now there's an idea!

Very Best Regards

Ian

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
8 of 12

Day 3: 

I was able to log in and naivgate (typo - and it's going to stay!) for about 5 minutes - that is when the navigation bar disappeared again and the next thing was this.

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 07.55.57.png

heavenmade
Community Guru
Ian David John E Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 12

Ela

You beat me to it 3 Days of losing money / clients......

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
10 of 12

Garnor, I tried sending a message with the 'old' system, and this is what I get

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 00.19.31.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS