🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New policies: my opinion
Page options
nadimrary
Community Member

New policies: my opinion

Hi,

Recently i found 2 policies adopted by upwork that made big negative impact in my earning as well as getting new jobs/clients. Also, these policies are contrary to the statement YOU CAN GET RID OFF (9am-5pm) JOBS AS WELL.  I am going to discuss them here:

• Booster bidding: It allows the people get more jobs who have more connects, eventually bypassing the communication between the skilled people and the clients. Sometimes it results a bad experience for the client. Moreover, sometimes it is found that the most skilled person for that particular job, is not applying for the job, fearing that he/she may lose some more connects.
  • Display of AVAILABILITY (on/off): i am still confused how it is helping freelancers. How it works? Nobody can be available 24/7. Nobody. How can i be distinguished/highlighted using AVAILABILITY (on) mode, by paying 6 connects per month? Upwork encourages those working people who are searching for the alternatives of (9am-5pm) jobs. I think this feature is contrary to that alternative.

I request all of you to think about this. Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
miriam-ocampo
Community Member

There have been multiple conversations regarding these two topics. bottom line it's not going to go away, it's not good for the freelancers or clients, but Upwork is making money with it, so you make it work or try to find a new job. That is it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths