cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New surprise. Our money has been lost by Upwork.

Community Guru
Ashish K Member Since: Mar 1, 2016
11 of 16

I made a request for a 4 digit USD withdrawal on 13-Apr. Its 21st, money has still not been credited. Usually happens in 2 working days. Indian banks were closed on 14th,15th, Sat, Sun, and 19th. But still, today is the 3rd working day this week.

I have raised a ticket with CS and asked them to share the local bank transaction number (called NEFT txn number in India). They said they will get back after checking with the Accounts team in max. 2 working days. 

So, lets see. Hopefully, it will happen today.

Alex S Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 16
Because we are large Agency, we are not freelancer. And PayPal is not applicable for us.
Alex S Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
13 of 16

So now it's 23rd day from when we requested withdrawal via wire transfer.

Now Upwork's support even don't try to solve the problem - they just 1 time per 3-5 days send something common like "Thank you, we appreciate for your patience" :-)

And this is taking into account that this is already 100% fail on their side, if to be more specific on side of their bank - Wellsfargo. Already don't know what to do and how to make a pressure on them :-( We would be glad 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 16

Hi Alex,

I've checked and see your ticket was escalated, and you were asked to provide additional bank information. Our team will follow up with you shortly so please do keep communicating with our team through your main ticket, in order to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Marian G Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
15 of 16

Great! Because your message is from 2016 and after 3 years they have similar problems...

Initially, I was troubled because they tried to send the money to my Paypal account twice successfully. After "a resolution" with this, my earnings are 346USD where actually I can see and download in the certificate that Upworks provide for your records/taxes. Nevertheless, they only send me 164USD and the rest of the money is?? Nobody knows... and after several emails with the support team during the last weeks... we are in the same point but now more tired and annoyed. How can I resolve this issue? My bank and Paypal asked me for a transfer certificate for Upwork to prove that they don't send me the money... because my account appears as they send me everything and the balance is 0 USD. Thanks!

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
16 of 16

Hi Marian,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS