🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New to Upwork Employers
Page options
thompson_karen
Community Member

New to Upwork Employers

Has anyone had their time warped, by a "soft scam" aka fishing employer?  Curious about others' experiences?  They are new to Upwork, and think that we are here to waste time doing proposals, talking with them, having them say they are writing up offers, but then they blame you for needing basic information, or an actual offer in writing on Upwork follow-up,  in order to actually help them with their needs.  I thought I was good at sniffing scams, but this is a soft sell, with real people who are abject time-wasters. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths