🐈 Community
ianhaney

New to Upwork and First Job

Hi

I am new to Upwork and just landed my first job and the client said they have released money in advance but I don't see it or anything, can anyone let me know how it works or when I can expect to see the money

Thank you in advance

Ian

6 REPLIES 6
colettelewis

If it was a fixed-price job. Your client should have established a contract, which you agreed to, and he/she should have funded escrow with the agreed amount. If you go to your 'my jobs' page this should show as "milestone funded".

Yeah there is a contract in place which I agreed to

I am on my jobs page and says no milestones but says the amount paid out of the total amount for the project, sorry was unsure if wanted to post the actual amoutn paid and total amount for the project. Does it take a while for the money to reach my account balance?

Deleted - posts crossed.

Go to Reports and see if there are any amounts showing?

Reports.jpg

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

Please click on the Reports tab and you'll see the released funds under Pending. That means the funds are now subjected to a 6-day security period before they move to the Available column. Once you click on the Reports tab you'll see a guide explaining the payment flow and status of your earnings.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and by reading our Freelancer Guide. I also suggest watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and Upwork Trust & Safety FAQ.

Untitled

Ahh I see a pending amount now on the reports page, so the pending amount should show as available once the 6 days has passed, that right?

Can I then withdraw that to my PayPal account?

Learning Paths