🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: New, unverified client asking for my emai...
Page options
calrobert
Community Member

New, unverified client asking for my email to chat in slack

A client that is on Upwork for the first time, and unverified payment has asked for my email to continue chatting in slack.

I 100% do not want to get flagged for this so I haven't responded yet.

How should I go about this?

Am I allowed to send my email?  Should I ask them to verify first and sign a contract? 

Thank you

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cal,

I checked this for you and you already have an active contract with this client and looks like they were able to verify their payment method just recently.

I'd recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cal,

I checked this for you and you already have an active contract with this client and looks like they were able to verify their payment method just recently.

I'd recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
calrobert
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

We continued forward with making a contact first before engaging on slack, as I felt that was the best thing to do.

I have read both of these articles a while ago, but will re-read them to stay safe.

Thanks again!

Cal

If you have a contract, you can speak to the client any way either of you wish.

It's during the INTERVIEW phase that you can't share email address, and the Interview needs to happen using the Upwork Call feature.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members