cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Profile Concern

Kristel Joy J Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
1 of 14

Hi oDesk,

I am new in oDesk, my profile already 100% and i already passed some exams. How will i know if my accout is ready to apply in any job listed here. Please notify me. In addition, i already set up my payment method but i don't further undersatnd what "Legal Name" means in setting it up at "Get Paid" setting. Can you further elaborate it for me please.

I am hoping for your response.

Thanks,

Kristel 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 14
Kristel, you are off to a good start, but there are still too many problems with your profile page for you to be successful as a newcomer. You need to fix the problems and strengthen your profile.

You legal name is simply that... A name you can use for official purposes because it is the name on your birth certificate or drivers license or marriage certificate or passport or other official document. You will want to be sure that you use a name with oDesk that is the same as the name on your bank account if you will be withdrawing money directly to a bank account.
Krisha C Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
3 of 14

Hello! I'm also facing the same problem with her and in additional one of my test result is not verified.

But my other problem is that I don't have a bank account yet cause for your information I am only a 15 year old high school student who wants an extra income what will I do? a

P.s. can you please review my profile again?

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
4 of 14
Krisha, I believe you have to be 18 to work on odesk - I'm sure that someone from odesk can verify that...
5 of 14

ow. thank you so sad that I can't work here eh

Community Guru
6 of 14
Krisha,
Good news!
You have three years to work on your skills and develop a great portfolio!
When you turn 18, you will really be able to set up a great oDesk profile!
Community Guru
7 of 14
"To register for an Account, you must be a legal entity or an individual 18 years or older who can form legally binding contracts."

This is from the oDesk Terms of Use use agreement.
A person under the age of 18 can not generally enter into legal contracts in the United States, so oDesk is not interested in working with juveniles, since the whole point of the site is to facilitate the creation of contracts between contractors and clients.
8 of 14

Yeah I think so but in any chance do you know some online jobs that fits for me?  I really need a job 

Kristel Joy J Member Since: Mar 29, 2015
9 of 14

Thank you so much for your response. I really want to land a job here as soon as i can. Please let me know what i need to work more in my profile except for the test i need to pass.

Thanks again.

Community Guru
10 of 14
Krisha: "I really need a job."

Kristel: "I really want to land a job here as soon as i can."

Ah, well, you see, my young friends... You, and many other new oDesk contractors or would-be contractors, exhibit the same fundamental misunderstanding of how oDesk works, and in how economics works.

ODesk isn't about you or what you need, or about what you want.

It is about the clients, and what the clients need.

I see this misunderstanding when people create their profiles. A profile is not REALLY about "you." A successful profile is about what you can do for a client.

My profile doesn't talk about my hopes and dreams and likes and needs. It is all about what I can do for the client. Even when I say say things about myself, they are only the things that will make a client think about himself and how I will be helpful to him.

When you figure out what it is that you have to offer that clients will want, appreciate, and return to ask you to do more, then you will succeed on oDesk. When you think oDesk is just a way to get money, then you are not yet ready to succeed on oDesk.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS