cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Newbie Question - Can I start working even without Billing Method set up yet?

Highlighted
Simon Ed L Member Since: Jun 18, 2015
1 of 6

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask if it is possible to get hired, work, and get paid (just have the amount temporary stored on Upwork) even without setting up a billing method. As of this writing, my application for a debit card is still being processed, ETA would be around 1-3 weeks as advised by the bank. I am currently hesitant to apply for work because of this. If I wait for the debit card and apply for job postings by then, given the hiring rate for newbies, it might take me another 1-3 weeks to get hired.

Please help me shed light to this matter. 

Thank you,

Simon Ed Lusan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6
Yeah, you can work without a withdrawal method. Money you earn will be safe with Upwork until you get your withdrawal method set up.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Hi Simon,

Welcome to UpWork. You can apply for jobs, get hired and get payed even if you don’t have your payment methods worked out. UpWork is able to keep up to $1000 on your profile, so I believe you have enough time to get your debit card.

Good luck Smiley Very Happy

Eddited to add: Seems like Preston was faster with his reply Smiley Very Happy 

View solution in original post

4 of 6

Wonderful! Thank you for the feedback. I better start looking for work now.

Cheers,

Simon Ed Lusan

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Simon,

Preston and Aleksandra already responded, so I'll just confirm that you can start working without a withdrawal method in place, but need to add one as soon as possible.

Highlighted
6 of 6

Thanks for the reassurance Vladimir. You may close this thread now. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS