🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Newbie's steess
Page options
pallavi_graphics
Community Member

Newbie's steess

Hi,

I am new in Upwork and at this stage connects are very important for me. Since I have made my account I have applied to lot of projects, some were challenging for me and some were pretty easy and it's been more than like 15 days since the project was posted and I keep tracking there is no activity from the client, no interview no hire?
I don't understand if the client isn't sure about the project why do they post it, wasting our precious connects. Sometime I have noticed when the job gets cancelled connects are refunded, but then what's the maximum time till the job is open even after no activity from the client.
Secondly, sometimes the job is very easy for example let's say trace icons, but I don't have any work sample for it, so is it advisable to do a little or rough sample and attach with proposal, to show the client that though I haven't done but i can do it? Or will that create a negative impact of profile?
Thirdly, I have often seen in fixed price projects, the client has set his budget say 40$ and still the bid range goes down to 5$, so obviously the client would go will lowest price he has to pay for best quality of output.

It is getting very frustrating 🤔

Regards,
Pallavi
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Pallavi,

You are welcome to share samples with your proposals to clients. I can understand that it can be frustrating when clients do not update their job or don't respond to your proposals. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but hopefully, this doesn't discourage you to continue doing your best and submit proposals to jobs that you are interested in. You might want to consider checking out the following links to help you improve your profile, and write winning proposals:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

I hope this helps!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Pallavi,

You are welcome to share samples with your proposals to clients. I can understand that it can be frustrating when clients do not update their job or don't respond to your proposals. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but hopefully, this doesn't discourage you to continue doing your best and submit proposals to jobs that you are interested in. You might want to consider checking out the following links to help you improve your profile, and write winning proposals:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

I hope this helps!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey Joanne,

Thanks for replying. Yes I have read some of the articles you have listed, thanks. I will read the rest also.

Regards,
Pallavi
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members