🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Newbie with several questions, please hel...
Page options
darcysierer
Community Member

Newbie with several questions, please help!

I am working on setting up my Upwork account, am currently blocked because I maxed my attempts to upload my i.d. In the meantime, I have been looking through the job listins, found several I would like to submit proposals for and have the following questions:

I submitted a request for help with my identity verification this morning and informed that a ticket was assigned, though I have not received an email follow up.

Is the feature of uploading i.d.'s not operational at this time? My husband and I both set up accounts yesterday, me on a Mac, him on a PC. The system won't accept any of the i.d.'s submitted and we each attempted 2 different forms of verification.

How do we get our account in a 'usable' state to be able to submit proposals?

When you sign up for the Plus Membership Plan, what is the time commitment, i.e., is it month to month or is there a longer committment required?

Is it possible to request clarification and/or additional information before submitting a proposal?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "When you sign up for the Plus Membership Plan, what is the time commitment, i.e., is it month to month or is there a longer committment required?"

There is no time committment.

You may cancel at any time. It is month to month.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Darcy, 

I checked your ticket and can confirm that a member of the Customer Support Team has responded to you through your open ticket. 

I can confirm that the location verification is operational, however, there were issues with the ID you submitted which made you max out on your attempts with your verification. This should be resolved through the open ticket you have with the team. 

The Freelancer Basic, and Plus plans are on a month to month basis. And you should be able to downgrade your membership at any time.

The only way to request clarification and/or additional information on a job post is by sending a proposal to the client. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members