c_dell

Newbies profile not even showcasing when clients search..

Hello!

If you're a new member on upwork with no  experience on this site or job success score. How will I get a job if when I search I am not even finding my profile. I mostly see persons with 97-100% job success score etc..

Its so not fair. Since I join Upwork about 2 months now. Ive been online every single day seaching, I updated my profile, made necessary changes, do test and even now sunscribed to Pro Customer Service. Something actally needs to be done to put newbies in the Limelight, persons who are truly interested in finding a job around here.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Colleen,

I have checked and your profile shows in search. However, you are in a pretty competitive category so it shows along with hundreds of other profiles. Your profile is really good and having a Rising Talent badge should help you as well. Initially, instead of waiting for invites, you will need to apply to jobs within your skill-set with well-written proposals. You will see that you will start to receive more invites once you complete a few contracts successfully and build up your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Colleen,

I have checked and your profile shows in search. However, you are in a pretty competitive category so it shows along with hundreds of other profiles. Your profile is really good and having a Rising Talent badge should help you as well. Initially, instead of waiting for invites, you will need to apply to jobs within your skill-set with well-written proposals. You will see that you will start to receive more invites once you complete a few contracts successfully and build up your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria I appreciate it... I have been sending out job invites everyday. I spent at least 4hrs doin this site everyday.