🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Newly Earned Rising talent badge temporarily ...
Page options
circuitsolutions
Community Member

Newly Earned Rising talent badge temporarily removed after a dispute... why? and for how long?

Hi,

I was shocked when i recieved an email that i have been temporarily removed from the rising talent program. Only reason i can think is because of a dispute, but that was a dispute so why did it effect my profile? Secondly i am sure that my case is strong and the client is trying to get away with some payment. 

Also i a make sure to obey all the Upwork Term and Conditions. Although the client somehow out of somewhere editted my message on whatsapp and posted a screenshot saying that i had someone else do my work, which is hillariuos as you can check my Work Diary, the screenshots match my working style and are of my own system. So how can Upwork do this on some alligations and disputes that are yet to be resolved. 

And when am i getting my badge back... really sad and hurt ;-;

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sardar Usairem A wrote:
Will that contract be available on my profile too?

If money was paid = Yes, it will show on your profile

If no money was paid = No, it will not show on your profile

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

I was shocked when i recieved an email that i have been temporarily removed from the rising talent program. Only reason i can think is because of a dispute, but that was a dispute so why did it effect my profile?

Unhappy client = Badge is gone. How happy was that client?

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

And when am i getting my badge back...

You won't get it back. You'll get a JSS after this or the next job anyway. (Which will, of course, also be affected.)

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

Although the client somehow out of somewhere editted my message on whatsapp and posted a screenshot saying that i had someone else do my work, which is hillariuos as you can check my Work Diary.

On an hourly contract, Upwork do not look at anything other than your work diary, whether you properly tracked your time, had high activity levels and whether you added meaningful memos.

Is mt JSS still be affected even if i am awarded the full payment?

Sardar Usairem A wrote:
Is mt JSS still be affected even if i am awarded the full payment?

Of course. The outcome of a dispute is irrelevant to the contract's impact on your JSS.

The only thing that matters is how happy or otherwise the client was with the experience of working with you.

Sardar Usairem A wrote:

If money was paid = Yes, it will show on your profile

If no money was paid = No, it will not show on your profile

Hi,
I was, before the last job, a Rising Freelancer and I had quite good reviews. But then I had a dispute with a client, and hence he ended up giving me a bad review which not only cost me my badge but also my reputation and with such a low rating, I am afraid my freelancing career is almost done for. 

The client disputed over the mistakes that could be fixed in 20 minutes and he asked for a whole refund of my 10h work, thus I had to refuse and challenged the dispute. I was of the view, as I heard somewhere, that disputed jobs don't appear on the profile, thus I challenged it. I got the money but I got a poor review, which I expected.

So now is there a way that you can hide or remove that review from the profile. I am even willing to pay back the whole amount, but this job should not effect my JSS or the repute which took me so long to built.
Regards
A heartbroken Freelancer

if you refund i believe it will remove the public feedback, but it will still have negative effect on your JSS (when you get it) as its either a non paying contract or a bad private feedback which i dont think gets removed (someone may correct this as im not 100%)

I would move on and just try to pick up some more jobs and ensure you over perform on all of them. When you dont have many jobs each one will have a bigger impact on your JSS but dont let it rule you. Sure its grest to keep it high (and you should of course always aim for 100% with a client) but dont spend time worrying over it to much. Just aim to improve with each job and make sure your next contracts have no reason to give you a low score.

Thanks Johnathon,

Please help me out that how bad does it make my profile look, and how likely now am i to not get a job again. Because thats whats actually worrying me.

I cant tell you that, i have no idea. But if you have one low scoring feedback amongst lots of good feedback then i think it is unlikely to put off most clients.

Just keep doing work, and more importantly doing it well, and that bad feedback will be off your first page of feedbacks so is unlikely to be seen much. If your really bothered you can refund i think and have it removed (check this first) but personally i wouldnt bother.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths